Removing paint off carpet

It is that stuff used to stain wood, black. Some of it has been spilled on the carpet. To aggravate the problem, I used bleach to remove it off the carpet and bleached the beige carpet an ugly orange color.

How do I remove the remains of the wood tarnish?

How do I dye the carpet back to its original color or something fairly close?

Is bleachstain.com a viable idea? Or can I get a dye elsewhere?

Reply to
Frog

Hi Frog,

Try White spirit followed by paint remover on the tarnish. Hopefully one will work but add a small amount at a time and work from the middle of the stain out.

So far as the bleach is concerned you've probebly damaged the fibres. As to whether or not you can dye it back again will very much depend on the fibre content. If it's polyester you can forget it but if it's wool or nylon you may have some chance.

Use a cold water dye and mix a weak solution of brown dye. Test it on an unseen area if you can but spray the solution on and lightly brush it in - then leave to dry. Make sure you follow the instructions on the dye packet.

An alternative would be to use a fabric dye made as paint, but this might leave a thick surface. There are lots of these around mostly for children to have fun on T shirts.

Hope this helps

-- DrClean

The Best Fabric Cleaning Resource on the Web

Reply to
DrClean