remove ink cartridge ink from carpet?

Please someone tell me there is a remover for ink from carpets (Nylon)and what it is. TIA All suggestions welcome.

Reply to
vhaus33

if carpet was nylon the ink did not penetrate the fibre--some ink cartridge inks are dyes and some are water solubkle--try patting the stain with a damp paper towel and let us know what happens--

did the ink color the paper?

i do not know of a product which will remove---also put sosme of the ink on a paper towel and pour dileted bleach on it--say 1 tablespoonful high concentration bleach ( sodium hypochlorite) in cup of water--let us know what happens

same idea using teaspoonful of baking soda in cup of water

same thing using oxygen containing bleach powder

the same trying white vinegar same concentration----if ink is a dye we might find someway to change it to colorless chemical--if ink was a pigment ( ground up minerals) then carefully washing it up--use selzer

and wet vaqcuum may help

contact printer manufacture and post on contact us--to company

keep us posted

peter

Reply to
ilaboo

In alt.home.cleaning on Sun, 10 Apr 2005 00:02:40 GMT ilaboo posted:

All of those sound like good ideas.

I will try the things you suggest, eventually and get back to. This is just a story:

I have the same problem, the price I paid for taking my friend's old printer, which I never got to work anyhow (Probably could have if I had spent enough money, of course, but printers are like Gilette razors, cheap and they make their money on the refills (blades or ink).) I put it under my arm, sideways, as I took it to the basement, and it left red drops on two flights of stairs!

Yes, please let us know vhaus. I haven't had time to work on my carpet yet. Too busy trying to get ink from the grout in the bathroom floor. (after trying bleach and CLR, went to scraping with a screwdriver. That worked pretty well, just have to do it a second time. )

The CLR did it a little, but it also made the little square white tiles and the grey grout so clean that now it clashes with the rest of the bathroom. That's about 20 times the part I did so far, and I don't want to do it.

How can I get my grout back to being grey again. :)

Meirman

-- If emailing, please let me know whether or not you are posting the same letter. Change domain to erols.com, if necessary.

Reply to
meirman