Brass cleaner

Does anyone know of a good brass cleaner? I bought Brasso but it's a mess to use. The fumes are toxic and it doesn't do a good job despite them.

Has anyone any luck with Wright's brass polish? I have some display items I have to clean.

Thanks.

Reply to
ted

Brass is messy to clean no matter what you use. I have had good luck with wadding type cleaners like this:

Vox Humana

I've used Brasso for many years and it does an excellent job on all my brass items. A small amount is all you need. Don't expect to polish lacquered brass. You can use disposable rubber gloves to prevent staining your skin.

Reply to
Phisherman

Soak in vinegar. The copper and zinc oxides will wash away as copper acetate, zinc acetate, and water.

Reply to
Lloyd Randall