brass cleaner

can anyone recomend a brass cleaner so we can just put items in and leave them to soak,or a chemical that will do the trick,we have tried coca cola but no joy,thanks in advance

Reply to
bramscape

Ultrasonic tank cleaner although this is a bit on the expensive side for just cleaning houshold brass ware?

Reply to
George

£16.00 , expensive?
soup

I'm talking about a cleaner not a bath. ;-)

Reply to
George

Ordinary brown sauce. Never use anything else now.

Beware the stuff that you clean off is very poisonous.

Reply to
EricP

What? Even on chips .?

Reply to
Stuart B

How dare you suggest defiling the sacred chip with anything other than the traditional 50 grams of salt and drench of vinegar!

You Cad sir!!

Reply to
EricP

The active ingredient in brown sauce is vinegar - so try plain malt vinegar...it's cheaper. That said, there's a difference between cleaning and polishing.

Regards,

Reply to
Stephen Howard

Ferric chloride as used for making DIY printed circuit boards - but don't leave the items in too long. Nemo

Reply to
nemo

Blimey! They used to cost hundreds! I'll have one of those! Nemo

Reply to
nemo

On Sat, 17 Feb 2007 12:14:44 GMT, "nemo" mused:

You get what you pay for. I doubt that particular model would outperform one that 'used to cost hundreds'.

Reply to
Lurch