The Duckhouse

Ken S. Tucker wrote: > On Jan 22, 10:55 am, Pat wrote: >> On Jan 22, 10:43 am, "Don" wrote: >>

>> "TheRebarGuy"> wrote >>>> We had something similar happen here. I had sized the house and the >>>> front hole per the suggestions for bluebirds. Three days after I >>>> hung the house at the suggested height, I noticed the hole had >>>> gotten quite a bit larger. >>>> That afternoon I saw why. A squirrel had decided that this was a >>>> perfect spot for him. This was 2 years ago, and they still use it. >>>> Never did get any bluebirds to stay around. >>> OK, whats with all the bluebird stuff I've been hearing? >>> Are they THAT finicky that the prospective crib has to be exactly a >>> certain specification? >>> If thats the case then they can go build one just like they want it. >>> When I build em they look like what I want em to look like and if >>> they don't like it they can tie a can to it. =D >> Oh, great, yet more subjugation of the proletariat by a tyrannical >> dictator hell-bent on servitude based on forcing the masses into >> utter sameness. Creativity and the work ethic dies a quick death when >> the sameness in imposed from above through things like rubber-stamped >> or cookie-cutter housing designs. Alas. What a bleak existence >> devoid of all meaning and spirituality. > > That's it, Don want's to create a sub-division for eclectic homes, and > forces his birds to live in commy housing. > Wait till our local expert Kris the bird expert shows up, he'll heat > Don's buns up. Like duh, a wren and an eagle using the same > generic box.

Sometimes I feel like a bird blown off-course, surrounded by the wrong bird or flock, never mind that the birdhouses' doorways are too big, too small or the wrong shape. Other birds, on the other hand, seem blissfully unaware that they're with the right flock and in the right house for them. But then, maybe that's just my feathered perspective. Then again, if you're a swan and you've grown up watching Duck-TV all your life, that's going to mess around with your mind... maybe to the point where you begin to think you're a duck.

If it kind of walks like a duck, sort of quacks like a duck, somewhat looks like a duck, etc., is it a duck?

If a duck thinks it's a duck and there's no bird to tell it otherwise, does it make a quack?

Anyway, I've read that what some people think Communism is or was, may actually be, or have been, one incarnation or bastardization or another of State Capitalism.

Reply to
Warm Worm

Don't know, but the Sub off RI is a great place for scuba divers.

Reply to
EDS

I'm all verklempt......talk amongst yourselves....

To a man who wears sandals, the world is made of leather. To a pickpocket, the world is made of pockets.

Reply to
Michael Bulatovich