Re: Website Client

Well it appears for the very first time I have a client attained directly

> from my website. > Never before has that happened. > She's in Birmingham, AL and I spent 3 hours on the phone with her this > past Mon. > Yesterday she overnighted her package of ideas to me which I will receive > today. > She's an attorney and I already did the websearch on her. > The site is 9.85 acres in a very rural area 20 miles south of Birmingham > on the top of a high hill, the foot of the Appalachians. > Supposedly you can see 25 miles from the top of the site. > She's sending me aerials and topos and I've already viewed it in 3d on > google earth. > The front of the property is level with the road, which is a gravel > logging road, and then abruptly and steeply slopes down toward the rear > property line where there is a stream and a pond. > She has some unique upscale tastes and has subscribed to Architectural > Digest, her bible, for the past 20+ years (gasp). > She has collected antiques from all over the world and wants to > incorporate them into the design. > (a pair of 13' high mexican mesquite doors-hand carved, a pair of large > scale moroccan hand pounded iron gates, 17th century wood and marble > corbels, stained glass transoms from the 15th century, etc., etc.) > One of the interesting parts is that her husband is wheelchair bound and > always wanted a treehouse when he was a kid but never had one, so now in > the creation of their dream home she wants to incorporate a treehouse into > it somehow, wheelchair accessible of course. > > No money has changed hands yet but I expect to have her under contract by > the middle of next week. > > I likes these kinda projects, they stretch your synapses almost to the > snapping point from all directions and you've gained so much when you come > out the otherside. > A hugely powerful learning experience, and thats what its all about. >

Sounds like it will be very interesting. Keep us posted.

Reply to
Edgar

"Don" wrote in news: snipped-for-privacy@news4.newsguy.com:

Cool! I hope it turns out well for you. Let us know.

Reply to
Kris Krieger

A building facade I just finished on Beacon Hill has a remodeled hi-end restaurant behind it. (they make a very good latte ;-) and the truffles are to die for.) The new owner went to Italy and came back with a truckload of antique doors and panels. The restaurant interior designer was in NY. I ended up working with the GC and Owner's rep to fit some items in. The restaurant drawings were good, but nobody can be positive some antique will slide right in and work without some reworking of the surroundings unless they are on site and available.

Reply to
EDS

Nice. :)

Reply to
Warm Worm

I'd write back: "In what sense?"

Reply to
Warm Worm

As opposed to your hard-on. LOL

Reply to
Warm Worm

just make sure you have a bag of flour nearby...

Reply to
Pierre Levesque