Re: Cape Coral City Council - 21st Century Gestapo

Reminds me of why I left Fort Myers.

Reply to
Chip Harper

"Don" wrote in news: snipped-for-privacy@news3.newsguy.com:

Quote from article:

Slippery slope time...

We got a "notice" from the HOA back in th esummer because they didn't like the frequency with which our lawn was being *EDGED*.

Not mown, not treated for weeds - edged.

The problem is the old thing about people abusing power the the extent that they are given power.

THere was a case in Houston in the past eyar or so - one woman had her yard set up as a wildlife habitat, had several awards from local, state, and federal organizations, and so on. Well, but the neighbors had the notion that "civilized eople don';t live like that" and petitioned toforce her to have a "normal" (read: high chemicla need, high water requirement) lawn and yard.

I dunno what the eventual outcome was. But the point is, One person's "blight" is anotehr person's beauty, haven, and wildlife preserve...

Reply to
Kris Krieger