Re: More on the Bethel fire...

On 13 Feb 2008, Pierre Levesque wrote

Not too many projects make it to Architectural Record twice in > one year... for better or worse. > >

Ummm....sorry, but that URL doesn't work.

Reply to
HVS

Try this one:

Pierre Levesque

On 13 Feb 2008, Pierre Levesque wrote

Alas, same problem -- I suspect the destination URL has some wau pf blocking direct access. FWIW, here's what I get from tinyurl:

(quote) Error: Unable to find site's URL to redirect to.

Please check that the URL entered is correct. To learn more about TinyURL.com, please visit the homepage.

(/quote)

Reply to
HVS

Reply to
TheRebarGuy

Reply to
Pierre Levesque

Reply to
Michael Bulatovich

On 13 Feb 2008, Pierre Levesque wrote

Thanks for that; interesting article.

(It's very weird -- the tinyurl's working now, too. Heigh-ho; mysteries of the internet, innit...)

Reply to
HVS

On 13 Feb 2008, Michael Bulatovich wrote

It's working for me, now, too -- no idea what was going on.

Reply to
HVS

Yep, that's the first person I'd turn to to investigate a fire - an electrical engineer. I'd turn to a local electrician who was on the volunteer fire department first.

RicodJour

"Pierre Levesque" wrote in news:5tFsj.2774$CX2.2237@trndny09:

I'm amazed that it could even burn...!

Reply to
Kris Krieger

Someone posted an interesting comment on the AR webpage:

Anonymous wrote: From these two links

and (
this building looks like it was built entirely of a steel structure, metal framing, plaster interior, concrete floors, and stucco exterior.

How on earth and how could a fire become so hot as to engulf this building?

That's a question I would ask the fire officials...

2/13/2008 9:57 AM CST
Reply to
Pierre Levesque

Yes, less than a year. No insight about anything other than... never mind, I don't want to be associated to any opinion... Maybe some nameless source will come forward later on this weekend with a viewpoint... ;-)

Reply to
Pierre Levesque