Janzer mail box mounting

I have a wall mount mail box (Janzer), 21.5" H X 8.5" W X 8.5" W, pretty heavy galvanized steel. I made a mistake and assumed I can remove the curb side beat up mail box and mount near the door, and the mail man told me no no no it has to be curb side.

So now I have to find a post for it.

This is not exactly the right model, but it looks like this, and has two holes in the back for mounting.

I was going to use a 4x4 pressure treated wood, and paint it black (box itself is black), dig a hole 18" to 24" and pour in some concrete to secure at base.

But this contemporary box with 4x4 will look a little odd. I think.

So, I started to wonder about those galvanized steel fence posts. They are strong and they don't rust or rot. Suppose I get one of those and mount the box on it instead, that will look better, I think. Do you think that will look better? If I can paint it black. I don't know if this box (about 5 lbs in weight without any mail) mounted on a rounded post with two bolts, will this be secure enough? Don't know if bolts applied to a rounded tube will be asking for trouble or not, especially in the rain/wind/hurricane conditions of Florida.

Thanks,

MC

Reply to
miamicuse

I like this mail box more, it has a clean line and it's lockable. It cost me $125 for the box itself.

MC

miamicuse