For all who goofed off yesterday.....

A builder just called and HAS to have the drawings (that you planned to finish next week) TODAY because he has a client meeting tomorrow morning. Can you just get him "something".

A new client just called an needs to meet TODAY.

You forgot to get coffee yesterday.

Your draftsman called and said her dog died. She is to distraught to come in today.

Your commercial client (the one that is a pain in the ass) called and needs

5 set to bid this weekend. you haven't plotted the 47 sheets yet. He needs them by 11:00. TODAY. You got this call 5 minutes after the call from the civil engineer who in yesterdays meeting with the city discovered that there is a sustainability issue. Your 54' high apartment complex can't be more that 40' high 100 feet from the south property line. It' still 54' high. And except for a few minor details, the drawings are done (except for plotting of course) and it's still 54' high.

You forgot to get coffee yesterday.

AutoCAD is doing something seriously funky this morning....the network is misbehaving and DSL is in and out and every time you check your email (to get the engineering the engineer promises you he sent) you get a fatal error.

Welcome to Friday in the world of architecture. While everyone else is having "casual day", long lunches with the team, and winding down the week for a smooth transition to the weekend, You will be enduring a mind blowing push to get it all done, wishing it was 5:00 so this day would end, and wishing for 20 hours in a work day to get it all done. Oh, and you have to leave early today to take your kid to the doctor.

I love Fridays, especially when I goof off on Thursdays!

Jojo

p.s. You forgot to get coffee yesterday.

Reply to
jojo

I feel your pain....but we're done at noon today.

Reply to
3D Peruna

True Dat........lol

My wife works in advertising and during the summer months she is gets 5 "Flex" fridays. She picks which fridays she wants and gets off at

12:00. This after going in at 9:00. Dammit to hell! Oh well, at least I get to draw everyday. ;-)
Reply to
Cato

Woo hoo me too! Us lowly drafters don't have to deal with all that responserbiluty

Reply to
Night_Seer

AMAZING thing happened to me this AM, in the never ending saga to build a 20x20 house.

Wifey and I placed the plates on top of the walls, then measured for square, and go in an compute what it should be using pythagoras. Wow, within a

1/32 of an inch! That doesn't happen to me, that's like winning a lottery. I'm taking some time off to recover. Ken
Reply to
Ken S. Tucker