Bridges

Hi I thought about the bridges, which type of them is the most astonishing? For me, this are Suspension Bridges. What do you thing?

Marta

Reply to
Guzik

I think the Suspension of Disbelief Bridge between the audience and a bad director is a critical thing. Otherwise it's not worth the 9 bucks.

RicodJour

I've heard of Lloyd, Jeff and Beau but never knew there was a Suspension too. Does he act also?

Reply to
Pierre Levesque

He's a director - see above. :)

RicodJour

Born in Berne, Switzerland, future structural engineering visionary Robert Malliart earned a degree in civil engineering from the Federal Polytechnical Institute in Zurich in 1894. Malliart established his own design-construction company in 1902 and moved the firm to Russia in 1912, only to see it fail during the Russian Revolution five years later. In a two-year span before the move to Russia, Malliart entered five major bridge competitions, although judging bodies typically preferred bridges more conventional than young Malliart=92s. Regardless of the design competitions, continued innovative bridge designs produced notoriety for him. T

Reply to
tbasc

I don't care what kind they are, as long as it has tons and tons of rebar in it, and I am the one with the contract.

:-)

Reply to
TheRebarGuy

One of my favorites:

It's not only geometric and mechanical, it's also dynamic and maybe even a little sexy when it opens (as though you excited it) and as it sticks up and is not yet fully down. ;)

In countryside settings, I also love old stone arch bridges, as well as covered ones.

I wonder what's up with Rico today. ;)

Reply to
Warm Worm

I likes this'n. Bet nobody ever heard of it.

creative1986

I have no idea in the world how that happened.

creative1986

I'll bet she'd rather not have any need for a bridge at all.

In Ottawa in the summer, I would sometimes better enjoy my lunches by sitting on the edge of the downtown Rideau Canal's bridge's concrete railing and dangle my feet over the water.

Reply to
Warm Worm

Actually I was originally thinking of some musical reference but decided it was too hard and I didn't know enough to do it. You know, something like "I liked the bridge between the first two songs that Springsteen did during the superbowl".

Reply to
Fred Osim