Who was it that was interested in shipping container architecture?

There are a number of models of them in Google SketchUp's 3D Warehouse.

RicodJour

Hey, cool, thanks Rico, it was I. That project's been put on the backburner for awhile, but will likely be return to, along with Google SketchUp's (GSU) site. I had been in fact looking for a model of just the shipping container, as opposed to homes already done with them, but GSU has those too. There are a few that seem less than accurate, but one or two that do.

Reply to
Warm Worm

You only need one, right? ;)

There's a local BBQ restaurant (they charge more than a BBQ shack) and the owner bought a dead container, had a guy with a torch cut it up as required, and installed the parts as wainscoting and general decoration. It looks good and is bullet proof (probably literally!).

I wouldn't wait too long for your project. China will probably be scarfing up building materials at an increasing rate and the steel in a dead container would probably be worth more to the Chinese as scrap than to you as salvage.

BTW, people have been talking - you have a lot of things on the back burners and nothing at all on the front ones! :)~

RicodJour

I was looking at the file formats and converters too, since it's in a Google format if recalled.

Nice.

That's what I hear about materials, etc., in general, with respect to China's consumption.

Who are these people you're referring to? There don't seem to be too many left here. Maybe their burners are all turned off, and they're out enjoying the sun and the breeze. :)

(But ok ok, when I get back in, I'll see about the front burners. ;)

Reply to
Warm Worm