Woodworkers Book Club

I popped onto the Popular Woodworking site to look for some free plans and got a pop-up for the Woodworkers Book Club: http://www.woodworkersbookclub.com/enrollment/nonmember_homepage.cfm . They are offering 3 free books if you buy 1 at $9.99 with no further committment. Does anyone have any experience with the club? - I am just beginning the hobby so beginner's material would suffice for me. Thanks
I am a member. The initial deal isn't bad at all. After that, however, the selection really isn't that great, nor are their prices. I've been able to find just about every book they offer for a better deal somewhere else (usually amazon.com).
It is a little annoying, as well, to have to remember to decline the monthly selection, but so far I haven't forgotten and as long as you don't I doubt it will be a problem for you. And, you never know, they might have just what you need to get some good books for reference purposes (that's what I used it for).
Mike

They
That's a darn good idea, thanks Bob.

and
just
Thanks
in
Be sure to pay with a credit card. If you prepay, there are no shipping charges. That makes it a good deal. If you pay shipping and handling, the price advantage disappears.
--
David Chamberlain

snipped-for-privacy@nospamhotmail.com
I've got a real serious complaint about them. Their internet site is not secure. Without even trying, I got into some other member's account and could have ordered books. I reported the situation to them but I think their Website manager is brain dead!
Whatever you do, do not utilize their Webster to order and books or decline the monthly offering.
I got the 3 books on the initial offer and was not impressed.

They

A curious statement. I've been a member for a bunch of years and haven't had a problem. What was wrong, were the books damaged in some way or not arrive at all?
--
Mike G.
Heirloom Woods

They're OK, go for it. Just remember to tell them to take you off their "auto-ship" list so they never send surprises. Pay in advance and shipping is free, so the slightly higher prices even out with some of the other discounters. Our own (infamous?) Doug Stowe's books are available there.
- The only reason I would take up exercising is || http://diversify.com so that I could hear heavy breathing again. || Programmed Websites
nbm wrote:

They are a reputable company and I have been a member for a long time, maybe 5+ years and have never been unfairly treated. Their sales often have some nice bargains especially for someone just starting a woodworking library or collection. You can decline a month's selection online which helps to keep from getting books you don't want and no shipping charges if you send in payment with your selection. Most "clubs" of this type try clean your wallet with shipping and handling fees, so I would give these guys two thumbs up. Regards, CB
I agree a good company and have been a member for years. Like any business watch what your doing. When you pre-pay and lose the shipping and handling fees it becomes hard to beat the price for it delivered to your door. Forget exactly but I think for every 4 or 5 books you buy you get a free one.
Binen
nbm wrote:

I was a member until they dropped me for returning a couple of books I didn't want. I found that their offerings were mostly of books a couple of years old, which was good since I found about 75% of them in my library system (inter-library loans from around the state - CT).

They