woodmaster pricing?

Hi folks. Got a question about woodmasters pricing. I've been saving up to get one of their big sanders (the 50") for a bit now, and they've been sending me mailers pretty regularly. It seems that their "list" proce is always about 2X their "sale" price. does anyone know if their pricing is like the Sears tire "sales" - the sale price is the normal price? They sent out a mailer a couple months ago with a bunch of "reconditioned" units at "special" prices, but when I got the latest mailer, the new units are listed at the same price (which is almost exactly the same price as the "sale" they've been running for about 9 months now.....)

Is it just me, or does anyone else see this as a "danger" sign about doing business with them?

thanks

--JD

Reply to
j.duprie

i have a woodmaster. my only advice is separate the marketing side of the business from the QA and manufacturing side - they make terrific products. personally, i have not seen a woodmaster that's not on sale - it's just their technique. i can tell you that their technical support is second to none.

good luck, i, too, want one of the big sanders. beware - they are *heavy*!

-- dz

j.duprie wrote:

Reply to
David Zaret