Why-GM-Couldn-Be-Apple

Page 1 of 2
http://finance.yahoo.com/news/Why-GM-Couldn-Be-Apple-atlantic-2675813704.html?x=0&sec=topStories&pos=2&asset=&ccode Here's an an article you'll probably agree with. After you read it you can substitute your favorite "tools that have gone bad..."
Bill

Lutz's article goes a long way in explaining why the trend in quality merchandise and services seems to be heading south. Another good example is plane travel. The airlines treat their passengers like they are a bother instead of like they are customers. However there is always a way for the well healed traveler to make his journey more comfortable. There is the first class cabin, and the airlines private club room at the airport. For the really well healed, perhaps even including Lutz, there is the Lear jet.
Like Bogart said in the African Queen, " You pays your money and you takes your choice." There is Harbor Freight and there's Festool. There is no free lunch and as consumers of wood working tools and supplies we can buy at either end of the value spectrum.
Joe G

"Heeled" fercrissakes, "heeled". :)
--
www.ewoodshop.com

On 6/7/2011 2:10 PM, Swingman wrote:
Was ir Oral Roberts or Jimmy Swaggart who said those same words ???

Pat Barber wrote the following:

--

Bill
In Hamptonburgh, NY

Hey Swing, I don't want to get into a spelling bee, but "heal " looks okay.
Joe G

Lol ... Yeah, but what disease(s) was he healed of? Sorry man, one was OK, but two? .... just blame it on your spell checker. ;)
http://www.merriam-webster.com/dictionary/well-heeled
--
www.ewoodshop.com

Swingman wrote the following:

I don't know the real entymology, but I think that it referred to a shoe heel. A well heeled man did not have the heel wear of a poorer man.
--

Bill
In Hamptonburgh, NY

I'm pretty sure you didn't mean "entomology" (insectually speaking) so you must have misspelled "etymology", or word origin.
Don't you just hate it when you correct someone and get it wrong?
-- Fleas can be taught nearly anything that a Congressman can. -- Mark Twain
Larry Jaques wrote the following:

I didn't correct anyone's spelling. I just went along with the misspelling with a joke and my suggestion about the meaning of 'well-heeled'. But, yes, I made a mistake in my spelling of etymology. Thanks for correcting me.
--

Bill
In Hamptonburgh, NY

I stand corrected on the spelling of heel. This thread is getting erudite, etymologically speaking. Joe G

LOL ... It was all in gest!
:)
--
www.ewoodshop.com

Silliness is good for the giggle glands.
Swingman wrote the following:

Jest?
--

Bill
In Hamptonburgh, NY
On 6/10/2011 4:32 PM, willshak wrote:

Not in this thread ...
--
www.e-woodshop.net
Last update: 4/15/2010

You couldn't have pointed it out any planer.

Bin riding in one of them their Leer jets myself...
--
www.ewoodshop.com

Your kidding me!
On 6/7/2011 7:23 PM, Robatoy wrote:

No sheet!
--
www.e-woodshop.net
Last update: 4/15/2010

What, more ayrabs over here?
(for the challenged, bin Riding)
-- Fleas can be taught nearly anything that a Congressman can. -- Mark Twain