What should I pay for a cordless circular saw?

Page 2 of 2
I wouldn't buy ANYTHING from someone with a feedback rating like that. --dave

http://cgi.ebay.com/ws/eBayISAPI.dll?ViewItem&rd=1&item )0030231795&ssPageName=STRK:MESE:IT&ih9)
(http://cgi.ebay.com/ws/eBayISAPI.dll?ViewItem&rd=1&item )0030233141&ssPageName=STRK:MESE:IT&ih9)

First off, I wouldn't own anything made by Ryobi. Secondly I wouldn't have a cordless tool that I wanted to last. Want to use it for a few years and toss it? Fine. Don't expect that tool to be useable after 7 or more years. Third, the power available is not as high as corded tools. Forth, the cordless tools are heavier than it's corded counterpart.
Cordless tools are fine as long as you realize you have to replace the batteries periodically. I predict that there will be a glut of cordless tools on the market in a few years that need new batteries. The batteries aren't cheap either.
As with all things, your mileage may vary.
Good luck.
"I predict that there will be a glut of cordless tools on the market in a few years that need new batteries. The batteries aren't cheap either."
???If this were true there would already be a glut. I bought my first cordless drill in 1981. I have owned 8 since, 4 of which are still running. There is little market for tools with dead batteries when you can just buy a new one for a little more than the cost of two batteries. It is a shame that most end up in the dump because we choose to buy another tool instead of new batteries, so guess the glut will be in the dump. I have been buying new batteries for the last four years and the tools are still going strong. I do lust over the new technology though.
I use my 18 volt Dewalt circular saw a lot more than my corded saw in my home repair business.

For certain applications, cordless tools are the way to go. Not for me though. I do have a cordless drill that spends most all of it's time as a screwdriver, my corded ones are used for drilling. When it goes, it will likely get replaced with a corded one too. 99% of everything I do is within reach of an outlet.

Cindi,
I'd be more than a little concerned you're trying to buy goods from a seller on Ebay who only scores a 50% satisfaction rate. Rather than look at and ask about maximum prices payable for their goods.
I'd be sure to check out comments from previous (prospective) customers before you commit any finance to these folks.
Just a precautionary tale from someone who hasn't enjoyed the full benefits of Ebay or their PayPal facilities. My seller decided he'd like the entire content of my bank account and left me high 'n' dry!
John Scotland

"Cindi" is either the seller of these tools, or someone pimping for the seller.
--
Regards,

A cordless circular saw with no battery... I'd say about $0.00. The battery is 99% of the tool, and even in the best cases, the battery life is not what it should be on a cordless saw. For about $100, you can get a really good corded circular saw that will last for years.
I will take your advice and bid $20 on this item; http://cgi.ebay.com/ws/eBayISAPI.dll?ViewItem&rd=1&item )0035550905&ssPageName=STRK:MESE:IT&ih9
Prometheus wrote:

>http://cgi.ebay.com/ws/eBayISAPI.dll?ViewItem&rd=1&item )0030231795&ssPageName=STRK:MESE:IT&ih9)

Go away. Shill your own auctions somewhere else.
--
Regards,

http://cgi.ebay.com/ws/eBayISAPI.dll?ViewItem&rd=1&item )0035550905&ssPageName=STRK:MESE:IT&ih9 You can "bid" for 2 cents. $20 is the buy-me-now option, which I noticed you have not done yet.
Don't forget - you also need a battery and charger, like this one
http://cgi.ebay.com/NEW-Ryobi-18v-18-Volt-Battery-with-Charger-NEW_W0QQitemZ180034874085QQihZ008QQcategoryZ50393QQssPageNameZWDVWQQrdZ1QQcmdZViewItem
That's $35.79+$15.75 + the "$20" you plan to spend + $14.95 shipping. or $86.49 total.
For $99, Home Depot will include everything, plus a drill and a flashlight, and a case AND AN EXTRA BATTERY. so it looks like you got your self a real BARGAIN, shill!