Wallpaper

Page 1 of 2
Show of hands:
WHO likes wallpapering as much as I do?
DOES it get any easier after the 4th beer?
"Robatoy" wrote:

--------------------------------------------------- News Flash==================Dateline: SoCal
You need a six pack before you even think about wallpapering.
Lew

I see that now. You figgur that after all these years........

It was just pointed out to me, that certain floral patterns have a 'This Side Up' to them.... WTF? I have seen flowers that pointed their petals to the ground.... Okay, maybe not lillies... but...

Now, the way I see it, the trim will help hold that shit up, yes? So in reality, I erred in not having my trusty Paslode ready with some cove moulding and a box of 2" 16 ga nails? Was that wrong? Also, when making a little semi-two-sided loop out of duct tape... it shows through the paper..and doesn't hold all that well when wet.

It is likely to go better after # 6 beer. Lew said so.

That tray with that little wire and water.... is not supposed to be ON top of the ladder?

135 PSI WILL put a staple right THROUGH wallpaper.
On 5/02/10 4:06 PM, Robatoy wrote:

Having fun yet? More beer, then have a few extra, at least it will look good tonight. ;-)
--
Froz...

"Robatoy" wrote:

-------------------------------------------- You have to understand, the 6 pack is so you can qualify as supervisor, not installer.
You leave the installing to a PROFESSIONAL.
Understand?
Lew

Ah yes, the Secret Referral System.....I forgot. So who's coming over?
"Robatoy" wrote:
Ah yes, the Secret Referral System.....I forgot. So who's coming over? --------------------------------------------- You need your Capt'n Midnight secret decoder ring to decode the special message from the high Ayatollah.
Once you have ring, a secret message will appear at the mystery phone booth.
Go to the booth and decode this message, it will self destruct one minute after opening.
The Secret Referral System must not be violated.
Lew
On Sun, 2 May 2010 13:26:26 -0700, the infamous "Lew Hodgett"

Otherwise, the little lady might get out the steer-makin' equipment, right? That's WHEN a guy screws it up.
-- Courage is the power to let go of the familiar. -- Raymond Lindquist
On Sun, 2 May 2010 13:01:51 -0700 (PDT), Robatoy

Forget the tray and water. Just paint the wall with cheap latex paint and slap the paper on while the paint is still wet and the paper is dry. Then curse like crazy when SWMBO decides she wants the paper changed in a few years!!!!!
oops

drat
"Robatoy" wrote
It was just pointed out to me, that certain floral patterns have a 'This Side Up' to them.... WTF? I have seen flowers that pointed their petals to the ground.... Okay, maybe not lillies... but... ============== Ahhh..... , the feminine perspctive when it comes to form and color. I am familiar with that one.
My wife is a quilter. She buys fabrics and cuts the flowers out of it. So she can put together quilts where every 3 inch block is a flower. Remember, women just can't have enough flowers. (or chocolate)

It's not bad, if you don't have to remove the old stuff first. Once spent a weekend removing the wallpaper from a LR and DR. Middle of summer and I was using a steamer to get the stuff loose. Beer sweated right through me ...
Robatoy wrote:

Does it look any better after the 4th beer?

No amount of beers can make wallpapering easier.
Wallpaper is pure evil.
`Casper