Wallpapering Table

Anybody got any recommendations for a good quality, sturdy and reasonably priced pasting table. I have one at the moment which was the standard hardboard 'suitcase' type. I have since replaced the tops with some 4mm ply and varnished it. I would like a better one as those sort are not very sturdy. I have seen the one in Screwfix but at £45 quid a little steep (cost not angle of use!) for me. A mate has a white plastic one that he said he thinks he got from B&Q a couple of years ago for about £25, but they don't seem to sell it now, they only have the hardboard ones and MDF. I would like to get away from the 'absorbant' materials if I can.

TIA

John

Reply to
John

Anybody got any recommendations for a good quality, sturdy and reasonably priced pasting table. I have one at the moment which was the standard hardboard 'suitcase' type. I have since replaced the tops with some 4mm ply and varnished it. I would like a better one as those sort are not very sturdy. I have seen the one in Screwfix but at £45 quid a little steep (cost not angle of use!) for me. A mate has a white plastic one that he said he thinks he got from B&Q a couple of years ago for about £25, but they don't seem to sell it now, they only have the hardboard ones and MDF. I would like to get away from the 'absorbant' materials if I can.

TIA

John

Reply to
John

Would you not get a better quality one from a Decorators Merchant .What do decorators use . ?? Stuart

Reply to
Stuart

John wrote: || Anybody got any recommendations for a good quality, sturdy and || reasonably priced pasting table. I have one at the moment which was || the standard hardboard 'suitcase' type. I have since replaced the || tops with some 4mm ply and varnished it. I would like a better one || as those sort are not very sturdy. I have seen the one in Screwfix || but at £45 quid a little steep (cost not angle of use!) for me. A || mate has a white plastic one that he said he thinks he got from B&Q || a couple of years ago for about £25, but they don't seem to sell it || now, they only have the hardboard ones and MDF. I would like to get || away from the 'absorbant' materials if I can. || || TIA || || John

4ft by 6ft piece of melamine cut in half, couple of hinges to joint both haves, and four milk crates out the back yard is what I use.

-- Grouch

Reply to
Grouch

I have a superduper band q one with measure and cutter and paper holder, and pasted paper loops on, it is the business. Costco do a nice sturdy paper table too, but without all the bells and whistles, trouble is, having had the super one, I wouldn't like to go back again, the ease of measurement and

90 degree cutting and the paper holding all combine to make papering a pleasure (comparatively)

MrCheerful

Reply to
MrCheerful

Beeline do a lightweight alloy one - cost about £35 plus VAT although I've seen it on offer at £30 plus. Try a trade decorator centre.

Reply to
Peter Johnson

OP here, that sounds just the ticket! B&Q you say? How much was it , how long ago did you buy it and do they still sell it?

TIA

John

Reply to
John

Reply to
Pete C

Oops.

Mean to say a pair of trestles at £5 or £10 would make a good base for a pasting table.

I bet the sheds make a nice margin on these things.

cheers, Pete.

Reply to
Pete C

Hi, I have had this table for a few years, I am pretty sure they still sell them or the latest version. When I bought it was about thirty five pounds. mine is the ACORN PASTEMATE. Forgot to say it also has a removable trough for paste or soaking prepasted paper, which hooks on the back edge.

MrCheerful

Reply to
MrCheerful