Wallpapering Table

Anybody got any recommendations for a good quality, sturdy and reasonably priced pasting table. I have one at the moment which was the standard hardboard 'suitcase' type. I have since replaced the tops with some 4mm ply and varnished it. I would like a better one as those sort are not very sturdy. I have seen the one in Screwfix but at 45 quid a little steep (cost not angle of use!) for me. A mate has a white plastic one that he said he thinks he got from B&Q a couple of years ago for about 25, but they don't seem to sell it now, they only have the hardboard ones and MDF. I would like to get away from the 'absorbant' materials if I can.
TIA
John
Anybody got any recommendations for a good quality, sturdy and reasonably priced pasting table. I have one at the moment which was the standard hardboard 'suitcase' type. I have since replaced the tops with some 4mm ply and varnished it. I would like a better one as those sort are not very sturdy. I have seen the one in Screwfix but at 45 quid a little steep (cost not angle of use!) for me. A mate has a white plastic one that he said he thinks he got from B&Q a couple of years ago for about 25, but they don't seem to sell it now, they only have the hardboard ones and MDF. I would like to get away from the 'absorbant' materials if I can.
TIA
John

Would you not get a better quality one from a Decorators Merchant .What do decorators use . ?? Stuart
--

"YESTERDAY is history,TOMORROW is a mystery,TODAY is a gift

That is why it is called the present "
John wrote: || Anybody got any recommendations for a good quality, sturdy and || reasonably priced pasting table. I have one at the moment which was || the standard hardboard 'suitcase' type. I have since replaced the || tops with some 4mm ply and varnished it. I would like a better one || as those sort are not very sturdy. I have seen the one in Screwfix || but at 45 quid a little steep (cost not angle of use!) for me. A || mate has a white plastic one that he said he thinks he got from B&Q || a couple of years ago for about 25, but they don't seem to sell it || now, they only have the hardboard ones and MDF. I would like to get || away from the 'absorbant' materials if I can. || || TIA || || John
4ft by 6ft piece of melamine cut in half, couple of hinges to joint both haves, and four milk crates out the back yard is what I use.
-- Grouch

ply
they
I have a superduper band q one with measure and cutter and paper holder, and pasted paper loops on, it is the business. Costco do a nice sturdy paper table too, but without all the bells and whistles, trouble is, having had the super one, I wouldn't like to go back again, the ease of measurement and 90 degree cutting and the paper holding all combine to make papering a pleasure (comparatively)
MrCheerful

and
and
OP here, that sounds just the ticket! B&Q you say? How much was it , how long ago did you buy it and do they still sell it?
TIA
John

paper
had
Hi, I have had this table for a few years, I am pretty sure they still sell them or the latest version. When I bought it was about thirty five pounds. mine is the ACORN PASTEMATE. Forgot to say it also has a removable trough for paste or soaking prepasted paper, which hooks on the back edge.
MrCheerful
On Wed, 3 Mar 2004 17:27:02 +0000 (UTC), "John"

Beeline do a lightweight alloy one - cost about 35 plus VAT although I've seen it on offer at 30 plus. Try a trade decorator centre.
On Wed, 3 Mar 2004 17:27:02 +0000 (UTC), "John"

Oops.
Mean to say a pair of trestles at 5 or 10 would make a good base for a pasting table.
I bet the sheds make a nice margin on these things.
cheers, Pete.