The price of MDF What the HEY?????

I went to Home Desperate today to pickup up some ply, some mdf and hardboard.

I needed the ply for my case work. it was priced reasonably.

The MDF ... OMG to coin the kids phrase... Last year I paid 19 for MDF. It is now $29.90... What the hey. I wanted to make a sound enclosure so I wanted the density of MDF. The sanded pine 23/32 was only $24.. Why did MDF skyrocket? It's crap sawdust that's glued together

Reply to
tiredofspam

Freight costs. Shit's heavy.

Reply to
Robatoy

Reply to
tiredofspam

They ship it in shit.

Reply to
-MIKE-

Be glad you don't require "Formaldehyde-free" product or you'd have add at least 50% more to the higher price--and be thankful you could get it!

Reply to
Bill

It _is_shit

Reply to