Very OT - but this stuff is getting rediculous...

First of all, a child is NOT property of anyone but himself. ============================================================================= Someone should have told my father about that.

Reply to
CW

But shared by many ================================== Most.

Reply to
CW

Perhaps there is a lesson in here somewhere.

Reply to
krw

IMNSHO justice would be reinstating both kids immediately and suspending that principal for 9 months without pay. Art

This story was posted by Infowars. Founded by Alex Jones, it is a conspiracy website with a (well deserved) history of making things up, or in this case, doing a bit of creative editing to stir things up.

Reply to
CW

"Mike Marlow" wrote in news:l26f45$msa$ snipped-for-privacy@dont-email.me:

You gotta watch out for infowars.com and make sure you have the full story. There was discussion of this on another forum I frequent. While I don't agree with the 9 month suspension, he broke the law. City code bans the use of BB and pellet guns within the city limit.

Again, I don't agree with suspension and am not siding with the decision, in fact I vehemently disagree with it and agree with most of what has been posted, but the use of such "toys" was clearly banned in city code.

But airsoft guns are legal. You're right, Infowars can't be trusted. Look up the real story, there is more to it. The principal was wrong in the charges though. An airsoft gun does not legally fit the definition of a firearm. The parents should sue to have that invalidated.

Reply to
CW

Another tragic happening:

As far as the Airsoft thing. Another unintended consequence of banning firearms ... the Japs, unable to own them, are so fixated with making them as real as possible down to every detail, make them indistinguishable from the real thing.

Now, some criminals have taken to painting the orange tip (or whatever the damned color the tips of airsoft stuff is) on real guns to fool police.

Point: damned difficult to blame the police, who want to go home to their families after work as much as we do, for doing what happened above.

Reply to
Swingman