Very OT - but this stuff is getting rediculous...

In a way, I have to agree up to a point. There's a lot of screwed up things these days. But, there's also sections of my growing up that I remember as terrifying. I hated it ~ right up until I was 14 and gained 85 lbs in 11 months. Nobody picked on me after that.

Not all people outgrow the fear, whether it'd bullying *or* dodge ball. Yeah, I know what krw is going to say ~ that it's part of growing up. Well, there's a hell of a lot of really screwed up people out there and I have to wonder if the bullying *or* the dodge ball had anything to do with creating those f**ked up people?

Reply to
none

"Mike Marlow" wrote in news:l26f45$msa$ snipped-for-privacy@dont-email.me:

Here's another one for your viewing pleasure...

gun-keychain/

Larry

Reply to
Larry

Quite obviously. Just as obvious, I see you as part of the problem.

Reply to
krw

Oh my, after five-thousand years society is finally on step-1.

Nonsense. Change for change's sake is what ends societies.

Oh, good grief. Backwards is not forwards, no matter how you want to spin the newspeak.

I sure as hell hope society has a future because surely it refuses to learn from its past. You are a prime example of exactly what's wrong.

Reply to
krw

Yet you think that imperfect people should somehow become perfect. Utopia, and all...

Reply to
krw

That *WAS* the subject.

I didn't snip anything.

You and every "progressive".

"Refinements" Wow!

Reply to
krw

Played dodge ball in Jr high, had fun. The year after I graduated, my next door neighbor and friend ended up with a severe concussion from dodge ball. That was the end of dodge ball mainly because of insurance requirements.

Mark

Reply to
Markem

And you're a deluded cro magnon twit stuck in some past life thinking everything was perfect.

You don't have the intelligence to realize that there are and always were problems that should be addressed.

Reply to
none

Better people like me being the problem now than useless miscreants like you living in your cold war past thinking that if you're aggressive enough, it will solve any problem.

I can sink to your level though. It would be really gratifying to bitch slap the sh*t out of you.

Reply to
none

On Tue, 1 Oct 2013 00:39:10 -0400, "Mike Marlow"

Not for a second. I have just as many aggressive tendencies as krw, maybe more. The only difference is that I regret giving into many of them when I was younger.

Reply to
none

Silly.

Reply to
krw

Hit by the ball in the head, his head hit the wall. They were volley balls. A one in a million shot probably, but it did cause him to miss a week of school. You seem to doubt me by the tone I am reading?

Mark

Reply to
Markem

On Tue, 1 Oct 2013 21:38:39 -0400, "Mike Marlow"

If that's current dodge ball, then it's changed from when I was a kid. Back then, they *were* volley balls or something else of similar weight and hardness.

The way you're talking about current dodge balls, you're making them sound not too much harder than nerf projectiles.

Reply to
none

It was at my school

Reply to
Markem

On Wed, 2 Oct 2013 13:56:16 -0400, "Mike Marlow"

Hey, we're Canadians. We go around head butting moose all day. A soft regulation dodge ball would be the equivalent to being hit by an absorbent ball.

Reply to
none

What a moron. A passive-aggressive moron, at that.

Reply to
krw

"Cold war past thinking", as opposed to the "Obama new-age economy". Man has been around a lot longer than you secular progressives, yet you think you know it all (yet don't care enough of the past to bother learning anything).

Nice. It's good to see that your veneer of civilization is thinner than BORG hardwood plywood. At least now everyone knows it.

Reply to
krw

Let you anger out!

That's it, show us your true self.

Reply to
krw

Violence! Wow! The lefty shows the true stripes of a leftist.

Reply to
krw

I doubt that you're a lot older than I. Even fifty years ago they were using (ready for it?) "Dodge Balls" to play Dodge Ball. Soccer balls were used to play soccer. We even used footballs to play foot ball and basketballs to play basketball. But perhaps someone knew something in our schools.

Good grief!

Reply to
krw