Updated version of our website

Page 1 of 5
Hope this time we get better reviews. I left the music, but it's only on the first page along with the annoying following words. Remember HONEST opinons. I won't take it too bad,.
Rich http://mysite.verizon.net/res7t99c /
Still with the mouse droppings following the pointer around?
I must have a low threshold for pain when it comes to these things. In other words, sorry, I bailed at the first hint of this annoyance.
UA100
Unisaw A100 wrote:

You're not alone, Keith.
Wolfgang
--
"Holzbearbeitung mit Handwerkzeugen": http://www.holzwerken.de
Forum Handwerkzeuge:

I didn't like the howling (YMMV), so I will NOT revisit. Use Mozilla Firebird if you don't like the mouse trails - it didn't show them.
--
Best regards
Han

the
opinons.

It has music? I won't even bother going then. Last thing I need is for music to suddenly blast when I'm browsing late at night while my wife is asleep or if there is a meeting going on in the office at work. Ed

Actually Ed, you're missing out on a real opportunity. Wait 'til she's asleep. Turn the volume on your PC up to MAXimum. Hit the site, and start screaming "CIRCLE THE WAGONS!!!"
But don't plan on breakfast in the morning. ;>
Michael
ROFLMAO!!!!! You watered my eyes, yes you did!
"Michael Baglio @nc.rr.com>" <mbaglio<NOSPAM> wrote in message

You must not have looked at the URLs I left in response to the first post. If you're trying to do this for a business, you have to remember it's not YOUR site; it's the customer's site. They're the one you want to attract and keep there.
- - LRod
Master Woodbutcher and seasoned termite
Shamelessly whoring my website since 1999
http://www.woodbutcher.net
On Wed, 25 Feb 2004 13:25:24 +0000, LRod

Obviously not, which puts him dangerously close to being a spammer.
Rich, in addition to the suggestions of everyone else in the thread:
Scrap the entire site and start over. If you wouldn't pay $10,000 to a publishing company to produce a print catalogue that looked exactly like your sight, (and God, I hope you wouldn't), then you have _no_ reason to think that your sight will attract business simply because it's on the web. It's not 1996. The novelty factor of the web is now zero. You have to actually accord web viewers the same level of professionalism that print advertisers do. Fortunately for you, you don't have to spend much money to achieve that level of professionalism. But you do have to spend the time to know what that level is.
Web viewers are not stupid. It's rather insulting to them to be told "website orders get 20% off (!!!)" when it's obvious that web viewers are your only (potential) customers. Drop your selling price by 20% or don't, but remove the line. Nobody is going to think they're getting a "special" price, okay? Stop treating me like I'm a chump.
You changed your "shop" photo from one of a door, to one of a mess. I know, shops are messy, but you're putting it up on display to show people you're a legitimate "business" here, so at least for the web photos, clean it up.
And seriously now, Dude, is that, like, _laundry_ hanging over your tools? What's with the towels?
Please don't post your _business_ URL here again, unless you've really made some significant changes to your entire site, along the lines of the suggestions you've been given by several folks on this newsgroup. The responders here have done so in order to help you succeed, but generally don't take kindly to those who use any excuse as reason enough to throw their URL out into usenet.
Good luck. Get to work.
Michael

Geez, who the hell do you think you are to bar people from posting anything? Since we are into giving honest opinions, here's mine: your posting stinks of "asshole."
Gotta love a judgemental know-it-all.
--
gabriel

Someone who's apparently taken more time to read the groups charter, guidelines and faq than you have.

Loosen up the suspenders on your lederhosen there Skippy, you're going to hurt youself. An asshole would have just reported a spammer to his ISP. Instead, several of us here, (myself included), gave constructive criticism as was asked for. If you had a clue about the purpose of this group and what it generally frowns on, you'd realize what a service that was to the OP.
Since the OP is busy justifying what he continues to do instead of initiating any actual changes in his website, one can only conclude that his _real_ motive here is to spam, not improve. So, the courteous response he initially got will/has turned.
Your post stinks of a self-absorbed whiner who's above any set of guidelines that might limit his doing whatever he wants in a newsgroup. A classic action from one who obviously thinks its a "free" usenet and anything goes. Rules don't apply to you, right? Anything you judge as against what you _personally_ think usenet ought to be like isn't acceptable at all, is it? Screw the conventions of usenet, you're above them...

Yeah. Don't ya just?
Michael
Whatever, I'm done with you. Chatting with you is not worth my time, I didn't even read your message, that's how much I value whatever you have to say...
--
gabriel

That's too bad. You might have learned something. My guess is that you are, or soon will be, in more killfiles than Mr. Baglio is. But that's just MHO.
Actually, I don't think it was CONSTRUCTIVE I think it was mean and belittleing. Although, some people did give good suggestions others were just plain COLDHEARTED. THis is not a business, it is a hobby, one that I hope to use to make enough money to buy some more equipment to better my projects. Maybe then I can become OLD and Cranky like some people in here. No offense, but I came here to learn and I got good information and when I tried to show off some of the things that you guys are teaching, I get nothing but mean misguided opinions. I hope that when I get old I stay regular and don't get as constipated as some people here. I still hope to learn from you guys as woodworkers although I don't expect to learn compassion!
Rich

Twit filter, man, twit filter... Figure out how to use it on your reader. With newsreaders, as in real life, you can choose who you listen to.
Ain't no use listening to someone always feeding you crap and turning a good day into a bad one.
--
gabriel

That's right. Constructive and cold-hearted. Welcome to the business world. You want warm fuzzies, get your web-business marketing advice from your mommy. "Why Ritchie, that's beayuuuutiful! And wolf-howling noises! Aren't _you_ the clever boy!!! <blink-blink>"
Stop whining.

As soon as you put your stuff up for sale to the public, it's a business. Grow up and stop whining.

Which _might_ happen if you stop getting offended when people criticise your site, and start making the suggested changes. Stop whining.

Classic. _You_ get all the free advice, _we're_ mean. Stop whining.

You got a lot to learn about compassion. Go read Matthew 7, verse 6. Try not to get snot on the page.
Michael
OH Geeze.......
Wed, Feb 25, 2004, 6:57pm (EST+5) snipped-for-privacy@verizon.net (Rich) pouts: Actually, I don't think it was CONSTRUCTIVE I think it was mean and belittleing.
Time you learned then, if you don't want to hear the answer, don't ask the question. I think all the reponses were constructive, and none of them mean and/or belittleing.
Although, some people did give good suggestions others were just plain COLDHEARTED.
I don't think any of the responses were coldhearted. Probably just not as sweet as you would have wanted. Remember, you asked.
THis is not a business, <snip>
If you're selling, it's a business.
No offense, <snip>
But, I'm sure some people were offended by your response. I wasn't particularly, but sure can understand why some would be.
I hope that when I get old I stay regular and don't get as constipated as some people here. <snip>
Then just get a colon resection, you'll be regular like you won't believe. LMAO
JOAT Georges Clemenceau supposedly said, "War is too important a matter to be left to the military". If this is so, it is then obvious that peace is too precious to be left to politicians.
Life just ain't life without good music. - JOAT Web Page Update 28 Feb 2004. Some tunes I like. http://community-2.webtv.net/Jakofalltrades/SOMETUNESILIKEVOCALS /
On Wed, 25 Feb 2004 14:49:37 -0500 (EST), snipped-for-privacy@webtv.net (J T) wrote:
snip...
Hmmm... this is a newsgroup first. I just agreed with everything you said. I'd better go take something.
Michael