Re: Website Updated (hand tools mostly)

On Sun, 31 Aug 2003 14:14:12 GMT, "Ken Vaughn" pixelated:

Yesterday I completed adding photos of some two dozen old hand tools I >picked up on a motor trip through the Southeastern US. If you are >interested in hand tools, you may want to look through my hand tools pages. >Here are a few links: > >
happened to these poor planes? They look like they've

been, er, Eisanized. (They're too, too clean!)

>Several more and explanatory text on my website.

Mighty nice collection there, Ken. Thou sucketh greatly.

- Gently-used Firestone tires for sale at discount! -----------

Website Application Programming

Reply to
Larry Jaques

They have been cleaned of course, and surface rust removed, but not altered any more than necessary. Plane irons lapped and scary sharpened.

Larry has been around long enough to know, but for the sake of some of the newbies -- I've been at this for a while. Used tools show up in the strangest places and I have been looking for many years -- it took a long time to find the Stanley #112 scraper plane and the #66 beading cutter.

Reply to
Ken Vaughn

Suggestion: change the title in the HTML to be the name of the page that summarizes what the page is about. For example, "Main Menu" is the title of the homepage and when I bookmark it it says "Main Menu." That title might be okay for the programmer, but not the visitor. I don't want to have to change it. Don't be offended. Just a suggestion.

Reply to
jm

[snip]

Cool!

Reply to
Igor

No offense taken, but Main Menu is not my home page. My home page is titled "Ken Vaughn's Workshop", which is what I assumed that people would bookmark. There is a link on the main menu to my home page (bottom row -- right side) or you can get to it directly using the link below. Main Menu is the common base migration link, however, and perhaps I should consider adding some descriptive text there also.

Reply to
Ken Vaughn

I found my #112 pretty easily (it's an ugly mutt that only I was fool enough to try to restore) and you can't move round here for #66 beaders (usually missing a fence though). Now a _Preston_ beader, that's a rarer beast.

Reply to
Andy Dingley