Re: Cutback hardwood floor

On Sun, 31 Aug 2003 10:27:21 -0400, "James" pixelated:

My dishwasher went out in my house and I found that the previous owners >didn't cut the hardwood floors off at the opening. They just ran them under >the dishwasher. No instead of a 34" opening I have 33 1/2. My question is >what is the best way cut the hardwoods back to flush with the opening so >that I can install a new dishwasher. I was thinking of using a router but I >won't be able to get it into the corners.

Keyhole saw for the corners, stair/flooring saw (or whatever tool you have that fits) for the rest. Be sure to seal the ends when you're done.

- Gently-used Firestone tires for sale at discount! -----------

Website Application Programming

Reply to
Larry Jaques

James

Could I find one at HD or Lowes or should I go to Highland hardware?

Reply to
James

this is standard practice. if you dont put hardwood in the opening you will never get the old machine out. the original machine was probly put in before the counter tops. look to see if there is a 3/4" lip on the front of the counter top. if so you may need to remove screws and raise the top to get the dishwasher in then screw the top back down.

skeez

Reply to
skeezics

Cut the legs off of the old Dish washer with a sawzall,this will lower the DW.Then you can lift it over the HW floor. You will be able to remove some of HW and slide the new DW in. It worked for me. Bill.

Reply to
Bill Pettifer

Umm getting the old DW out is not the problem... Putting a taller model back in is the problem as the wood floor is under the present DW.

Reply to
Leon