treating green wood

I just built a timber staircase from newly sawn pine. The timbers are 4 X 12 so they will take a long while to dry. Some spots of blue mould have occurred on the rough lumber but I have stopped it with water and powdered chlorine for pools. It is all sanded and I want to know what I can put on the wood that will prevent the mould from starting again but also allow the moisture to escape. I assume polyurethane or varnish will trap the moisture, what about an stain, shellac etc...

Indoor or outdoor ? It'll be hard to guarantee freedom from blue stain if it's getting rain on it, whatver you do.
I'd use some generic danish oil mix on it - linseed oil + varnish and maybe something to thin it. For outdoor use (benches, tables etc.) I'm liking the Australian "Organoil" range.
This is indoors

http://www.fpl.fs.fed.us/documnts/techline/ii-2.pdf