green pine cone question

Hi All,
In my never ending quest to grow a Jeffery pine, I found a couple of green pine cones that the wind blew off a Jeffery pine tree. They had both started to turn brown in spots.
Now I have tried collecting mature pine cones, but the varmints and wind have always clean out all the seeds. So I figured I just put the green cones in an open cardboard box in the garage safely away from varmints and let the mature.
Your thoughts?
-T
On Friday, July 26, 2019 at 5:45:01 PM UTC-4, T wrote:

Maybe you could try burying them in the box with some potting soil and keep moist. I'm not sure if they'll sprout that way but it might be worth a try . We're at the end of blackberry season here in Maryland, so I'm going to t ry planting a few to see if they grow.
Paul
On 7/26/19 6:02 PM, Pavel314 wrote:

The seeds have to come out of the cone first and the cone pedals are tighter than a drum.
Oh you know in the wild, varmints harvest the seeds and bury them for later in the winter, then forget where they buried them. And with some squirrel cussing, plant future forests.
My Arapaho Blackberry are loving the pampering. All four of them make it though the winter as 2" transplants from the vendor. Make I will get some berries this year? Probably not.
The choke berries (not cherries) are also loving the pampering, but no sign of berries or flowers yet. The are vividly pretty in the fall when shed their leaves.
The two Bilberries are also loving the pampering and are rewarding me with a ton of leaves. Fruit next year maybe?
The goji's are looking like a bumper crop. Tiny little eye pills (they are full of zeaxanthin and the same color as zeaxanthin too).
-T
On Friday, July 26, 2019 at 9:28:03 PM UTC-4, T wrote:

keep moist. I'm not sure if they'll sprout that way but it might be worth a try. We're at the end of blackberry season here in Maryland, so I'm going to try planting a few to see if they grow.

I believe that blackberries grow on second year stems.
Paul
On 7/26/19 6:47 PM, Pavel314 wrote:

I had a feeling.
Oh now I feel like a vulture waiting for something to die