Totally Guy Songs (warning-these lyrics may be offensive to women-but maybe not)

Page 3 of 4
Just Wondering wrote:
| Silver wings upon their chest
The guys who wear jump wings have their own songs that most people will probably never hear. Some are nearly grim with determination ("Down from heaven comes 11 and there's hell to pay below") and some acknowlege a heritage and an eagerness to live up to it ("We have a rendez-vous with destiny").
All paratroopers seem to delight in singing "Blood on the Risers" to the music of "Battle Hymn of the Republic" - about a rookie trooper's final jump. The chorus starts out: "Gory, gory, what a hellova way to die / He ain't gonna jump no more..."
I'm pretty sure they're guy songs. :-)
"Morris Dovey" wrote in message

While doing PLF's off the mantel/bar/landing/table of any suitable "O" or "NCO" club, just prior to closing time.
--
www.e-woodshop.net
Last update: 2/07/07

Marines practicing "carrier landings" on tables, bar tops, etc.
-- Mark
On Mon, 19 Feb 2007 15:06:08 GMT, "Mark Jerde"

Hmm. I'm reminded of an ex paratrooper who was always on about how he knew how to land and for ten bucks he'd jump out that window. I finally got sick of hearing him and gave him ten bucks. It was a 50 foot drop onto a fully laden bicycle rack.
Just Wondering wrote:
I don't need the lyrics. I can sing it from memory. ;-)
"It was bamibah, bamibah, bamibah wa-ooo" "Yeah ... he's a trooper alright ... a garret trooper"
I had the album.
Bill
rascal less in the world.

They recorded? Hot dam. They used to live in the upstairs of my duplex. Rooooxanne...
--
"Keep your ass behind you."

Tom Watson wrote:

<snip>
I'm disappointed none of the UK folks have mentioned some Ivor Biggun songs, like "Bras on 45", "No! No! No!", or "The Son of John Thomas Allcock".
--
Michael White "To protect people from the effects of folly is to
fill the world with fools." -Herbert Spencer

That's "One Bourbon, One Scotch, One Beer"
Richk wrote:

"Hot Rod Lincoln" by both Charlie Whatsisname and Whatsisname Cody and the Lost Planet Airmen.
Bob Schmall wrote:

"It's Hard to Kiss The Lips At Night" (that chew your a-- out all day long) Notorious Cherry Bombs; AKA Vince Gill, Rodney Crowell

"Tom Watson" wrote:
> It's hard to believe that the Chick's Songs thread has run so hot. > > Now I'd like to look at the other side.
<snip>
> "Your Cheatin' Heart", Hank.
Now that's a gooder.
There are a few more shit kickers on my list, but Hank is still on top of the list.
Then there is the non C/W, popular music market.
After Sinatra, who's left.
Joe Williams and Tony Bennett while quite good in their own right, come in a distant 2nd.
Then there is the folk market.
Most are groups although Pete Seeger did some solo work.
Lew
Bill Hall wrote:

"If I'd Have Killed You When I Wanted To I'd Be Out by Now" "I Hate Every Bone In Your Body But Mine" First Prize For Brevity: two bar guitar riff, then "Get Outta Here!" (I've heard that one played)

"Good Old Boys Like Me" - Don Williams "Pick-Up Man" - Joe Diffie "Country Boy Can Survive" - Bocephus
I was thinking the other day that I never hear car songs like the Beach Boys and Jan and Dean did back in the early sixties. I guess it's hard to be very lyrical about a Honda Civic.
Dick Durbin
Totally guy songs:
Any and every Iron Maiden song.
Anything ever recorded by Rammstein.
All songs featuring Udo Dirkschnieder on lead vocals (Accept)
Most "Progressive Rock", especially newer bands like Dream Theater and Coheed and Cambria. The extreme lack of women at Dream Theater shows is as obvious as a Star Trek convention.
Rammstein is not just guy music, it's women repellant music. If I want my wife to leave the shop, I simply cue up "Mein Tell" or "Reise, Reise" on the iPod, and within seconds, I'm alone! <G>
Good wife repellant music is Rob Zombie.....she leaves the shop in record time as soon as "Black Sunshine" comes on, and yes it is nice to be alone some days.
and IMHO for the list:
"The Jack" - AC/DC "Girls, Girls, Girls" - Motley Crue "Don't go away mad (just go away)" - Motley Crue "Cherry Pie" - Warrant "Uh! all night" - Kiss
Allen

That's good, as this allows you to save the nukes (Rammstein and Accept) for when you really need them. <G>
"The Jack" rates with "Whole Lotta' Rosie" as my two favorite AC/DC songs. "Sin City" can grab me on the right day.
I actually got to know the Warrant guys when they were up and coming, as the opening act on "The Paul Stanley All-Star's" solo tour in '89. To borrow a term from a famous movie, they "acted like pauncy hairdressers". <G>
Olebiker wrote:

Men. Can't remember the tune but the names live on.     remembering stupid stuff,     jo4hn
Olebiker wrote:

"The Truth About Men" by Tracy Byrd "I'm Gonna Miss Her" by Brad Paisley