Totally Guy Songs (warning-these lyrics may be offensive to women-but maybe not)

Page 1 of 4
It's hard to believe that the Chick's Songs thread has run so hot.
Now I'd like to look at the other side.
My all time favorite is, "Her Strut", by good ole Bobby Seger.
Next up would be,"Simply Irresistable", by Robert Palmer.
"She's Always a Woman", by Billy Joel.
"Maybelline", by various and sundry (came from Ida Red).
"Your Cheatin' Heart", Hank.
"LA Woman", Doors.
"Don't Take Your Love To Town", (sorry, that was a joke).
"Stray Cat Blues", Stones. (it's no hangin' matter...)
"Factory Girl", Stones.
"Waiting For A Flatulent Girl", (can't remember)
"My Girl", Temps.
Rock On Brothers...
Regards,
Tom Watson
tjwatson1ATcomcastDOTnet (real email)
http://home.comcast.net/~tjwatson1 /

You know that is about LA, not about a woman?

Diane Gardner.
Regards,
Tom Watson
tjwatson1ATcomcastDOTnet (real email)
http://home.comcast.net/~tjwatson1 /

Listen to the song; not what foolish people say about it.

You should have got the joke by now.
Regards,
Tom Watson
tjwatson1ATcomcastDOTnet (real email)
http://home.comcast.net/~tjwatson1 /

One of us doesn't have much of a sense of humor. I will be open minded enough to allow it might be me.
Toller wrote:

Jeez, thanks Toller. We're so grateful.

Might I add "The Lemon Song" Led Zeppelin (Willie Dixon deserves credit and got it in Court)
Mark http://home.mchsi.com/~xphome /
Tom Watson wrote:

A Boy Named Sue J. Cash

"She came runnin' down the mountain doin' ninety miles an hour
When the chain on her bicycle broke..."
Regards,
Tom Watson
tjwatson1ATcomcastDOTnet (real email)
http://home.comcast.net/~tjwatson1 /
Tom Watson wrote:

"He was slippin' down that slope doin' 90 miles and hour when a mogul flipped him in the air..."
That one's by the late Bob Gibson, sung by the Chad Mitchell Trio in the early 60s. I'll bet it's the same melody.
"His jumpin' form was fine until he ran into that pine and two one-legged skiers left from there."
Bob
Bob Schmall wrote: | Tom Watson wrote: || On Thu, 15 Feb 2007 19:19:54 -0600, Bob Schmall
Speaking of the CMT, one of my favorites was that brought to us by the Pink and Pleasant Plastic Jesus Company of Del Rio Texas...
"I don't care if it rains or freezes 'slong's I got my plastic Jesus Glued to the dashboard of my car Doin' 90 I'm not wary..."
Morris Dovey wrote:

That name is loony enough to be true.

I drive way too fast to worry about cholesterol.

Morris, what's DeSoto Solar? Seriously.
Bob?

Bob Schmall wrote:
| Morris, what's DeSoto Solar? Seriously.
It's the name of a business that manufactures and sells really good passive solar air heating panels. Photos at the link in my sig.
"DeSoto Solar" is the DBA used because the shop (wannabe factory) is located in DeSoto, Iowa and because "Morris Dovey" probably wouldn't be much help to people looking for a product source.
As schedule and resources permit, I involve myself with related side projects from time to time and you can see a bit of one (and a hint of another) of the more interesting at www.iedu.com/DeSoto/StirlingProject.html
I try not to be too serious and not for too long at a stretch - it tends to make me cranky and impatient.
Seriously.
-- Morris Dovey DeSoto Solar DeSoto, Iowa USA http://www.iedu.com/DeSoto/DeSoto/collectors.html
"'Cause I got Magnetic Mary Ridin' on the dashboard of my car ...."

Plastic jesus 's got to go the magnet screws up the radio riding on the dashboard of my car
Ballad of the Green Berets -- SSgt. Barry Sadler Almost Heaven -- John Denver Born of Frustration -- James 7 Washington Post March -- John P. Sousa
rascal less in the world.

A very strong list, brother Watson. Thou doth omitteth the following:
I'm Your Man- Leonard Cohen. Closing Time- Leonard Cohen Paradise- John Prine Long Black Veil - Dave Matthews Band Shattered- Rolling Stones Human Cannon Ball- Butthole Surfers What A Wonderful World - Ramones Boston (The whole frickin' album)- Boston
Robatoy wrote:

Boston, yeah. I learned about them from my son and got to like them a bunch. Too bad they committed careericide by waiting two years to bring out their second album.

<snip>
Well with the recording contract giving them absolutely nothing money wise, would you give away your work for free?
Mark http://home.mchsi.com/~xphome /