Tool Collecting

Does anyone know of a messageboard, newsgroup, or web based forum for tool collectors? I've looked but haven't found one yet.

Reply to
R.H.

Try Google "tool collectors".

Bill.

Reply to
Bill Rogers

I believe you are on it - There are a lot of collectors on here!

Big John

Take out the TRASH for E-mail.

Reply to
WilliaJ2

Yup, I collect tools too. Some I use, some I keep in original condition. What type of tools are you talking about?

Reply to
Dave Hinz

On two occasions I came across an old Stanley Router, probably made in the fifties. I cannot tell you the model as I can't find the mfg tags. The first one work fine but the second one was too dangerous to test, the wire harden and breaking or falling apart.

How much are they worth? I was thinking of buy it, and keep it as show piece in my garage. :-)

Reply to
WD

WD:

R2D2's like these?

How much are they worth?

Worth? However much you can pay for them/what ever someone will pay you for them.

That's kinda/sorta my intention. I have a few other "stationary" machines I want to hang on the wall. The R2D2's would look kinda cute as a display.

UA100

Reply to
Unisaw A100

Yea look exactly like it, but can't tell which one.

Made in the thirties? No wonder the 2nd one wire cord is falling apart! I saw them in separate estate sales. Both were in far better conditions. The first one was offered for $12.50 and the second one I could name my price.

I'll buy them if I ever come across another one, people here don't seem to buy old tools. I was there twice in both estate sales. If you have been to an estate sale, normally the first day items sold as marked, second day 25% and the third day 50% discount. If you wait till the last day the last hour, you can get them at whatever price the seller chooses to give it away.

Reply to
WD

I did some searching before coming here, I found some of the collector web sites but no messageboards. I don't think there is one other than this group.

Reply to
R.H.

the old woodworking machines website should be a good (but not definitive for collectors) resource.

Reply to
bridger

Try

My Old Tools

DAGS for oldtools mailing list, one word. No power tools, will find all the support you need there.

Alan

Reply to
Alan W

Yahbut, you do run the risk of it not being there.

UA100, who has waited a day and went back and found it still there for 50% of the opening day price...

Reply to
Unisaw A100