THIS IS FUNNY

http://www.cjdenman.freeserve.co.uk/bookmark.html
I ran across this site the other day. Have no idea who did it. But, if you want to see something I think is funny, scroll down to JOAT ARCHIVES and click it.
JOAT Expensive tennis shoes won't cure a sore toe. - Bazooka Joe THE NEW COPPERPLATE http://www.banjer.com/midi/newcopp.mid

At work, I'm considered by some to be an expert (Information Technology) I don't think I'm an expert by any means - but knowing how to look things up, and knowing how to find and get information is the key...
Mon, Jul 26, 2004, 3:23am (EDT+4) snipped-for-privacy@hotmail.com (ClevelandTech) says: <snip> but knowing how to look things up, and knowing how to find andget information is the key...
Yes, that "should" be a given.
However, you haven't been here long enough to understand the humorous part.
JOAT Expensive tennis shoes won't cure a sore toe. - Bazooka Joe THE NEW COPPERPLATE http://www.banjer.com/midi/newcopp.mid
"J T" wrote in message

... and the limit of 30 won't even handle the posts for making a stick.
--
www.e-woodshop.net
Last update: 7/10/04
ClevelandTech wrote:

This depends greatly on the audience. ;-) When I was in the U.S. Army (1985-92) in some units the "resident expert" had a college degree. In many other units the "priest of the personal computer" was the first person who could actually spell "PC". ;-)

15+ years ago I read that this was true even of the Unix SuperGeeks. (Not the term of 15 years ago.)
Another key: How to make things work when what you need to know ISN'T available, or refuses to work as the marketingcritters wrote it up. I tried many different things trying to get the text out of a locked PDF, including intercepting the stream to a text-only printer, but (apparently) character set problems kept hosing things up. The boss got his text file though, because I can still do 78 wpm typing. <g>
-- Mark
J T wrote:

Finally, a man appreciated in his own time!
Can I have your autograph? <g>
-- Mark
Mon, Jul 26, 2004, 8:31pm (EDT+4) snipped-for-privacy@verizon.no.spam.net (MarkJerde) asks: <snip> Can I have your autograph? <g>
Aw shucks, it weren't nuthin'. But, yeah. Here.
JOAT
JOAT Expensive tennis shoes won't cure a sore toe. - Bazooka Joe THE NEW COPPERPLATE http://www.banjer.com/midi/newcopp.mid
On Mon, 26 Jul 2004 20:31:52 GMT, "Mark Jerde"

Just do a google search - I'm sure his signature has appeared on a post at some time. And isn't that much more efficient than asking? ;-)
Tim Douglass
http://www.DouglassClan.com