Tablesaw push stick?

Page 3 of 3
Look again
jo4hn wrote:

Yer right. Warn't there when I writ the first time.     j4

Yeah, look in the Harbor Freight catalog for the grey plastic pushstick and make one like it. Or just buy a couple three for $1.50 each.
Dave Hall
Go to the Delta Tools website http://www.deltawoodworking.com/ and open one of the owners manuals for the table saws. The 2nd to last page is a pattern for a push stick. If you need a pattern for a push block look here http://www.deltawoodworking.com/ Hope this helps you.

Guy,
Since you seem like a newbie to the 'Wreck, I'll let you in on one of the more annoying aspects of the 'Wreck: Either preface EVERY post with "IDAGS but..." (I did a google search) or suffer the wrath of Joat and others. Unfortunately there is no way to imply that you did a search, you have to say it explicitly.
You also reopened the wound by picking at the "plans" scab. There is an ongoing debate about using your own plans vs. purchase/borrowed plans. It's a religious issue: you are either a believer or an infidel.
Furthermore, you kept your post short, sweet, and to the point. Mortal sin. A question such as yours required at least 3 paragraphs, 1 detailing the extensive Google searches you did in your quest for said plans, 1 or more explaining your level of experience size of shop, what type of tablesaw you own (maybe throw in a blurp about left-tilt vs. right tilt to spawn a few additional threads), and at least 1 describing exactly what you were looking for in a push stick, what type of wood you wish to use (and if you are using cherry, whether you intend to stain it or paint it) and your definition of "comfortable."
Of course, you can just keep on posting as you have, listen to the helpful who offer advice and ignore the morons. And BTW - in case no one else mentioned it, a dead cat makes an excellent push stick.
-Chris

My only advice is to make sure the back end, the part in your hand, is very blunt. Mine wasn't and was sent into my hand at 115mph. The result was eight stiches. When I remake mine (I'm just now recovered enough to return to woodworking) I might even add padding to the handle. Good luck.
BTW, did I mention never to make a rip cut without the guard on?

8.6
--

Larry Wasserman Baltimore, Maryland