Tablesaw push stick?

Reply to
Mark

LOL!

-- Mark

Reply to
Mark Jerde

Sometimes a push stick is just a push stick!

-- SwampBug

- - - - - - - - - - - -

Reply to
SwampBug

Dave

Good news. I see our friend DE is still with us! I'll bet you enjoyed seeing his pictures. Did you see the pictures he's posted. (I liked your plywood printer stand too. ) Wow, I hope he gets to keep the router bits! He's always up to such interesting stuff in the shop. Isn't he. Now you can ask him those questions you've been having? I hope he doesn't get shy again. I'm not sure but I think somebody said something snarky to him. Would you know anything about it Dave? I'm sure it was just a maturity mistake.

Sometimes good people slip and do things they regret later. There isn't a man among us who hasn't made a mistake. It's sad but it happens. I'm sure we both agree whoever it was, is sorry and feels bad about it. In a sense, whoever it was, did something worse to himself. I think it's important to teach children that they will slip and fall but it is how they recover from it later that is important. And not let it define who they become, or to limit their growth.

After-all, we are what we do.

Reply to
Jules

Say Dave, care to regale us with the technical term for the item the man is wanting a pattern for? Just remember, the term can't have "thingie" in it.

UA100, who is thing, Stick For Manipulating Wood Through Saw Cutting Machine has a good ring to it but may be a wee bit longish...

Reply to
Unisaw A100

Thanks for the kind words, Nick.

Heat? No heat or AC. We haven't had a freeze yet this winter that I am aware of, and I wear shorts and t-shirts in the shop year around no matter what. It gets downright balmy in the summer months, so I enjoy anything approaching cold while I can... this August I'll be looking back on January with fondness, wishing I could have stored it up somehow.

Reply to
Swingman

tsk, tsk.

I wouldn't want to spoil your fun by revealing your identity...

too bad for you I'm not biting.

keep trying though; you are mildly entertaining, if not somewhat transparent.

dave

Jules wrote:

Reply to
Bay Area Dave

make that "... if somewhat transparent".

Reply to
Bay Area Dave

That's exactly what I do, and it's worked out very well for me.

Ed

Reply to
Edpond2000

Swingman- I'm envious - it's about 7 degrees here tonight - about 2' of snow on the gound - no heat in my "shop" (garage), so no dust for awhile....one of these days I'm going to figure out how to heat it within my budget -

Reply to
Nick Bozovich

Stay tuned for JOAT's next Google search class. Umm... when is the next one on the schedule?

Reply to
Keith Carlson

And, you also didn't say that, so how is anyone to know?

  • I didn't know I had to write a book before asking a question just to explain why I am asking the question.

Musta been using the wrong search words then. Did you try changing your search phrase?

  • Yes, maybe I was using the wrong search words. I am not an expert on browsing the web and I don't want to be because I would never get anything done.

I thought this is what the group was for.

I beg your pardon?

  • So what are newsgroups for if you can't ask questions?

If I can't use it for that I will just unsubscribe.

You didn't "subscribe" in the first place.

  • I use Outlook Express to access newsgroups and the terminology they use is "SUBSCRIBE".

Personally, I think it is people like Rod who should unsubscribe or just read and keep the fingers off the keyboard.

Not really. I had the same thought. Probably a lot of others did too. After all, you didn't bother to say you had already looked, or any details. Lack of details, that'll get you every time.

  • I'll try and remember that for next time. (I'll preceed my question with a book)

There is many times I read threads on newsgroups and would like to answer the way he did but I just keep it to myself.

OK.

Again.................thankyou to the people who responded in a helpful manner.

Guess that pretty well include everyone then. Including Rod. Hehehe

And, why in Hell do you put all thos periods in your sentences?

  • I don't know, you tell me..............you seem to have all the answers.

* For a guy who doesn't seem to like things in point form, meaning that I should write a book before asking a question to explain why I am asking the question, you should do some work on your website..........it gets a little too much to the point for my liking (and yours).

Reply to
Guy LaRochelle

Yer right. Warn't there when I writ the first time. j4

Reply to
jo4hn

Go to the Delta Tools website

and open one of the owners manuals for the table saws. The 2nd to last page is a pattern for a push stick. If you need a pattern for a push block look here
Hope this helps you.

Reply to
Dusty Workshop

Reply to
Lawrence A. Ramsey

mee too... pics on abpw Bridger

Reply to
Bridger

ya know, jules... if you keep that up dave'll explode....

Reply to
Bridger

ah, don't bet the farm on that, Bridger.

dave

Bridger wrote: snip

Reply to
Bay Area Dave