Store Miter Saw On It's Side

I have been thinking of mounting my miter saw on a "sled" (2 2x4s). The manufacturer (Delta) suggests this in the manual, and the "feet" have notches to accept a 2-by.

To make it easy to move about the house, I was thinking of mounting a couple of lawnmower type wheels on one end of the rails. Once I get it to where I want it, I can then lift on on saw horses, or just leave it.

Since it will be on wheels, I was thinking I could lean the "sled" with the mounted saw up against a wall. But Will it cause the saw to go out of alignment or anything like that? It is a fairly heavy 12" CMS.

I use it for personal use, and it could be stored for a lengthy period, between projects.

Reply to
Buck Turgidson

I store my 10" Milwaukee SCMS, attached to a Delta Sidekick on it's end w/o a problem.

Reply to
Eric Ryder