Speaking of clamps

Page 5 of 5

Are you talking about the sliding head moving when used vertically? If so, the Jet K-body style clamps will stay in place. In case you decide to buy that style in the future.

Jorgensen Cabinet Masters are not really less expensive than Bessey k-bodies. Apparently you are talking about F style or pipe clamps.

On 11/05/2015 7:07 AM, Leon wrote: ...

Is the REVO version the only Bessey now in production; they discontinued the original/revised versions entirely?
In the period since last I did some more serious search and came to the conclusion there really are no Al or other lightweight traditional cabinet clamps available any longer...makes me wish had taken the rest of the old geezer's Lynchburg collection! :( Altho I doubt I ever do much _volume_ of work going forward; just too much other stuff in the way on the farmstead...plus age so they'd just be adding to the "collection of stuff" here as somewhere else, wherever they ended up.

On 11/5/2015 8:20 AM, dpb wrote:

It's confusing, I am confused. ;!)
The original k-bodies are done. Now there are the new Revo k-bodies with fixed and movable jaws. And of course the Jr's.

On 11/05/2015 12:33 PM, Leon wrote:

OK, thanks. I do have a couple of cabinets that are on the horizon and had thought a pair or perhaps four would be a reasonable investment; wondered if since don't do a lot of work any longer it would be possible to find old ones at less cost at a minor lack of performance--sounds like "Not!" unless can find some used/estate sale, etc., ...

wrote: >> The Bessey's have one huge advantage, which is that you

Yes, except I'm actually talking about the sliding head moving when I pick the clamp up (which, depending on where it is, where it's going, and whether I use one hand or two to pick it up, will have some angle from horizontal).

Worth knowing. Thanks.

Yes, the latter (either, depending on what's being clamped). For most purposes they work just fine. There's some cases where a K-body style clamp is the only thing that works, but they're pretty uncommon situations.
John
On 11/4/2015 9:28 AM, Leon wrote:

Doesn't look like a sale to me. Those are close to normal prices. Around here they can be had for about $34 -38 a piece. So it's a minor sale.
--
Jeff