Speaking of clamps

Page 2 of 5
On Fri, 06 Nov 2015 18:40:25 GMT, snipped-for-privacy@slp53.sl.home (Scott Lurndal) wrote:

For what? A boat anchor? All they were going to do is cost me more money when I moved.

I've used old pipe for plumbing repair, handrails, gas-line repair, etc.
YMMV.
On Mon, 09 Nov 2015 14:24:13 GMT, snipped-for-privacy@slp53.sl.home (Scott Lurndal) wrote:

Black pipe for water? I've never even owned a house with galvanized. All of the handrails have been wood and, yes, I did have black pipe gas lines for a short while, though I'd never do the work myself. It's still not work carrying pipe around the country in case, some day, you'll be forced to live in an ancient house. ;-)

I've seen (and I have) pipe clamps made from galvy. And my house is plumbed with galvy, so it's been useful to me. I also have pipe clamps made from black iron, but didn't need to repurpose them when I extended the gas from the furnace to the kitchen for a gas stove.
If you don't need it, donate it to a building materials recycling place, if you have one nearby.
On Mon, 09 Nov 2015 19:55:28 GMT, snipped-for-privacy@slp53.sl.home (Scott Lurndal) wrote:

Galvanized doesn't make good pipe clamps. Code enforcers tend to frown on DIY gas installation.

I'd never heard of such a thing at the time. I probably would have.
On Tue, 10 Nov 2015 06:53:34 -0500, "Mike Marlow"

I understand, now. Up until a couple of years ago I'd never heard of one and they certainly weren't any close (in the state?). We only had one HD and the other lumber yards were so poor that the HD put them out of business.
It would be rough to bend an iron or steel pipe in compression mode unless you used excessive force, or used cheap pipe.
Martin
On 11/6/2015 11:05 AM, Electric Comet wrote:

On Fri, 6 Nov 2015 20:20:22 -0600, Martin Eastburn

Cheap black pipe? The stuff *does* bend. Horrible clamps.

On Wed, 4 Nov 2015 17:20:27 -0800, Electric Comet

K-body is really all you need to know.

You obviously don't like good tools.

No, it shows how shallow you are.

I bet you have, first hand.

On Wed, 04 Nov 2015 21:39:48 -0500

you obviously like over priced tools

too many meds today for you better check your prescrip i hear warfarin is often over prescribed maybe that is you
On Wed, 4 Nov 2015 21:22:26 -0800, Electric Comet

No, I like tools that work. Better tools do usually cost more.

No, I just stated the obvious.

Actually k-body revo, that is the one on sale at the link I posted. Both clamping heads/pads move.

On 11/5/2015 7:34 PM, krw wrote:

You are right, I was confused. I think all current Bessey regular sized K-body clamps are Revo.
But the ones, on sale, that I pointed out are all of the double moving head variety vs. with the ones with a fixed end.

And if it were called a "cramp", instead, would you still be wary?
snipped-for-privacy@slp53.sl.home (Scott Lurndal) wrote in

Hey! No speaking English allowed here...
:-)
John
On Wed, 04 Nov 2015 16:24:20 GMT snipped-for-privacy@slp53.sl.home (Scott Lurndal) wrote:

they are definitely not worth the price no matter what they call them or what anyone says about them

OK with that comment the Stupid tattoo on your forehead is visible to all. Trying to help you is a waste of time.
On Thu, 5 Nov 2015 00:15:34 -0600

i like that one you often miss the points here but it is ok everyone is different
the point is that the price for these clamps you are pushing is too high
On 11/6/2015 10:53 AM, Electric Comet wrote:

I think if you made your comments more explanatory you might be taken more seriously. When you leave out your reasoning, like "I" can't justify paying that much for a clamp, or I can't afford that clamp, you would seem more reasonable and no one could argue with that. But when you leave out the details of you reasoning we can only take your comments at face value. Like you said, everyone is different and so are their points.
And I am not pushing anything, simply giving an actual personal users experience not a perceived what if scenario.