so what do you think of hte woodworker 2?

Getting ready to replace all the blades (SCMS, tablesaw, etc) as they've pretty been sharpened to nothing. Its been a few years since I've had to buy a new tablesaw blade, and I was wondering if the WW2 has held its quality. Is there something better out there now?

Its going into a unisaw, and is used primarily for furniture type work..... I resharpen (the reason its been so long since I've had to buy a new blade....), so thats something to consider too... thanks

--JD

Reply to
jd

I have the Chopmaster on the RAS and use a couple of Freuds on the TS. Both work just fine. mahalo, jo4hn

Reply to
jo4hn

There are at least equal, maybe better by a smidgen. Ridge Carbide and Infinity both make top notch blades. Any of them will work well

Reply to
Edwin Pawlowski

Probably but you won't get anyone here to admit it. There is a religious following behind that blade. I use a Freud with complete satisfaction. I've also used Sytematic with very good results.

Reply to
CW

I've been using a WWII for years and it has performed well even with a couple of sharpenings. A while back I won a Freud Glueline blade in a raffle at WW show. This blade is touted to rip so well that the edge is ready for glueing - no jointer needed. Well, I've been using that Freud as my only blade - rips and crosscuts. And it performs better than the WWII, at half the cost. I doubt that I'd buy another WWII. I still like them, but no longer think they are worth the premium.

And yes, rips off the Freud are ready for glue.

Bob

Reply to
bob