what do you think of this led headlamp?

Hi All,

This guy uses a single AA battery (don't want AAA bats) and has a spot and flood mode. I do wonder it is will point where I need it to point though. It got only one review, so who knows.

-T

Reply to
Todd

I used to put a flashilight with 2 c-cells in my mouth, but I'm glad they have LEDs now. Now I put an LED light with 3 AAA batteries and 9 leds (one in the center and 8 in a circle) in my mouth. Much easier on my jaws and always points where I'm looking.

Reply to
micky

:-)

Reply to
Todd

My wife had one. It was not very bright and it vibrated.

Reply to
Ed Pawlowski

I have the "free with any purchase" Harbor Freight headlamp. It uses two AA batteries, has a good head harness, and I wish I had had one many years ag o instead of having to ask my wife to try to follow with a regular flashlig ht wherever I was looking under sinks,and in various car areas.

Reply to
hrhofmann

Coincidentally, while working on the dishwasher, one of the kids brought me their little headlamp. It worked great. Here it is on Amazon.

But it uses AAA batteries. Not sure what your problem is with that. Religion?

Reply to
Jennifer Murphy

If you screw the black ring off, you can bust out the silver reflector, and discard the bulb (oddly enough, these do have a spare bulb in there).

Put in a LED module made for Mini Mag, and you've got a really great head lamp.

The elastic stretches after a while, doesn't last forever.

Have some fun: Decide you need to see some thing up close, tilt your head to look through your near vision bifocals, and see what happens. It's de-light-ful.

. .

Reply to
Stormin Mormon

May be good but I like to see lumen output. I might wait for more reviews to come in.

I prefer lights with conventional batteries. Lithium batteries just gave out in key chain flashlight friend gave me. Four batteries at a minimum of $1 each have me thinking twice about replacing.

Reply to
Frank

I just ordered one of these - though not from Amazon.com. You can buy them on line all day for anywhere from $22 to $40 for the exact same model. Some come with extra batteries

I don't know about this 5000 lumen claim, but for my purposes anything close to half that should be way more than adequate.

I have a small headlamp but what sold me on trying this one was my specific need.

I have occasion to do lawn mowing late in the evening with a large zero-turn mower. I was going to put lights on it but the "good" mounting spots would also leave the lamp assemblies in a position to be damaged when I cut in close to shrubs and a line of wild honeysuckle, etc.

As I don't need light all that often, this likely will work like a charm throwing sufficient light in whatever direction I'm looking.

FWIW, I've swapped out the incandescent and/or halogen bulbs on all Streamlight and MagLite flashlights. Wow! What a difference. They are great!

Reply to
Unquestionably Confused

Where did you buy the maglite LED replacement bulbs?

Reply to
hrhofmann

I bought mine through Amazon.com

Do a Google search for

TerraLUX TLE-6EXB MiniStar5 140 Lumens, Led Conversion Kit for 2-3 Cell C&D MagLites

IIRC, the conversion kits were actually listed at 160 or 180 lumens when they arrived. The Amazon.com partner was offering a two pack for about $33 with free shipping.

TerraLux actually made all of the conversion kits that I bought for both the MagLites and StreamLights

Reply to
Unquestionably Confused

I saw that in my googling and hard to believe. Maybe good for you or a cyclist but too much for me.

Reply to
Frank
[snip]

I agree. Suspect somebody has taken hyperbole to a new record. Still, if it provides 10% of that claim (which, given the multiple lamps, is feasible) it should work fine for my purposes.

Reply to
Unquestionably Confused

What did you put in your Stream and Mag?

I think there is a web site "super bright LED" or some thing, that sells PR based bulbs for flash lights. One email friend really loves them. At $15 or so per bulb, I've not bought any. Might, some day when I have lots of money.

. .

Reply to
Stormin Mormon

I bought mine through Amazon.com (all of them)

Do a Google search for

TerraLUX TLE-6EXB MiniStar5 140 Lumens, Led Conversion Kit for 2-3 Cell C&D MagLites

IIRC, the conversion kits were actually listed at 160 or 180 lumens when they arrived. The Amazon.com partner was offering a two pack for about $33 with free shipping.

TerraLux actually made all of the conversion kits that I bought for both the MagLites and StreamLights

I also put the TerraLux kits in my two Streamlights (one is the Stinger XP and the other is the Stinger XP HP (larger "flood" head)). Both were older units (~7 -8 yrs old) and the kits fit/work perfectly.

Reply to
Unquestionably Confused

I buy AA Lithiums 20 at a time from one of my wholesalers. They can take a while to use up, but they have excellent shelf lives, so I don't care. I try to stay away from AAA (and C's) to simplify my life.

Don't like having to keep every size under the rainbow around. I have recently added D's into my life with my new mega blaster flashlight, but for what it is used for, I will buy batteries when I notice the current ones starting to fade (no stocking).

As far as I can tell, the Lithiums last about three times as long, but cost three times as much, so the only advantage comes from three times less labor changing batteries.

Reply to
Todd