SEMI OT - Finally found the 'ultimate' pickup of my dreams

Page 1 of 2
This covers all my vehicle needs perfectly - basic transportation, wood hauling, etc.
http://www.lilligren.com/Redneck/images/redneck_limo_4.jpg

Why not something like this truck:
http://www.watersheep.org.uk/images/pete/public_html/pictures/Truck.jpg
Wed, Sep 19, 2007, 12:52pm (EDT-3) snipped-for-privacy@earthlink.net (DanCoby) doth query: Why not something like this truck:
http://www.watersheep.org.uk/images/pete/public_html/pictures/Truck.jpg
Because it can't be licensed for the street.
(Dan Coby) doth query: Why not something like this truck:
http://www.watersheep.org.uk/images/pete/public_html/pictures/Truck.jpg

I'd like to see you try to pull him over and tell him.
B.
Buddy Matlosz wrote:

He'll run into something he can't go under or through eventually. Those things are _huge_--won't go under most underpasses or through most tunnels or down many two lane streets between buildings.
If you've never seen one up close and personal, they're something to see. I've got a whole bunch of pictures of this one
http://farm2.static.flickr.com/1126/881264078_f846507ee6_b.jpg that I need to put up--it's no longer in service, it's now an ornament in a park in Fermont, QC. The hubs of the wheels are at about eye level.
--John
on 9/19/2007 7:49 PM Buddy Matlosz said the following:

--

Bill
In Hamptonburgh, NY
willshak wrote:

That would depend on whether it's loaded or not. With 150+ tons of ore on board it gets a lot less mileage than it does empty.
--John
Not much room for helpers to ride either
(Dan Coby) doth query: Why not something like this truck:
http://www.watersheep.org.uk/images/pete/public_html/pictures/Truck.jpg
Because it can't be licensed for the street.
On Sep 19, 5:35 pm, snipped-for-privacy@webtv.net (J T) wrote:

Farm Use plates?

Mebe so, but at least it can handle a load of trusses - OP unit cain't.....
(smirk)
Thu, Oct 4, 2007, 6:00pm (EDT-1) snipped-for-privacy@msn.com (NotGimpyAnymore) doth mumble: Mebe so, but at least it can handle a load of trusses - OP unit cain't..... (smirk)
Maybe so, but it doesn't have any class. The OP unit has class. Besides, if I was gonn haul trusses, I'd use a trailer, made for the purpose. Now wipe the smirk off your face.
snipped-for-privacy@webtv.net (J T) wrote in 3332.bay.webtv.net:

Add a coat of yellow gloss. And maybe a bumper in the rear. With one of those nasty trailer hitches that hang out the back to spear rice rockets.
Patriarch
Wed, Sep 19, 2007, 4:06pm (EDT-1) snipped-for-privacy@nospam.comcast.net (Patriarch) doth sayeth: Add a coat of yellow gloss. And maybe a bumper in the rear. With one of those nasty trailer hitches that hang out the back to spear rice rockets.
Pain't roller, couple of foam brushes, canary yellow paint, no prob. I'd be very tempted to put on a bumber made out of a section of railroad track - and brake frequently when i look in my rearview mirror and can't even see the bumper on the car behind me.

The yellow gloss would help me stay away from that hitch.
Personally, I love riding a 600 pound pony with 150 horses. Problem is, that an idiot, who doesn't quite shave yet, and still says: Dooooode!!!", barely 16, can ride one of those crotch rockets. It is NOT the guy with the 976 Duc...
On the up side.... MANY people's lives are saved by donors who thought they could out-run that locomotive. It is not the gun, bike, small plane..... No offense, Barry, but you guys seldom leave anything useful at the scene. *G*.
I'm a bit giddy. My oldest daughter (27) is getting married on Saturday....to a most incredibly wonderful guy.... an English major..who'da thunk it?
r------> who thinks life is pretty good these days.
3332.bay.webtv.net:

The fuzzy headed fellow who, at age 17, whacked into my sons at 45 mph, driving an old Volvo tank, and put the back bumper into the back seat, and all walked away... I know the type.

I feel the same way. My mother was an RN.

Major congratulations!

Patriarch, who agrees. The new granddaughter is two weeks old today.
on 9/19/2007 11:28 PM Patriarch said the following:

Well, you had better improve your English before talking to him. 'Who'da thunk it"? :-)

--

Bill
In Hamptonburgh, NY

*trim*
Nowadays, English isn't about nouns, verbs, and silly bulls. They quit that stuff when I was in 7th grade. It's Literature acadamia's interested in. "Improper" language is ok by them! (See "silly bulls")
If a Usenet post isn't great literature, I don't know what is.
Puckdropper

I have a son-in-law who is an English major he's a very nice guy (If he makes my little girl happy, he must be doing something right ;-) The other son-in-law has a degree in aerospace engineering - and he also is a very nice guy.
John
Connection to wood: both daughters contributed gift cards toward the purchase of my table saw...
Robatoy wrote:
| I'm a bit giddy. My oldest daughter (27) is getting married on | Saturday....to a most incredibly wonderful guy.... an English | major..who'da thunk it?
Congratulations!
Does that mean she'll become an east-ponder?
J T wrote:

Little short on the wood hauling it looks like...appears to still be only 8-ft bed length...
Why am I thinking "day labor" here... :(