mostly OT: electric dreams

I see three cats, so I'll write this:

I was living in a big old house on a 2 acre lot. Several guests were in the house. Someone was playing a radio loudly. At one point found we needed to turn off all the electricity. I went to the side of the house, to the 100A Federal Pacific Electric panel and started turning off breakers. After turning off each one, I listened for the radio. Sometime it stopped. I turned off all the breakers. Most of the people were in the big room (converted from a 2-car garage). Most of the lights in there were still on. Behind a picture of dogs on the wall, I found a new 200A Cutler-Hammer panel. I turned those breakers off too. One lamp was still on.

After awhile, I remembered that a few electrical things around the house were not connected to either panel, but went through a disconnect in the hall closet. I went to the hall closet, which contained a water heater and furnace that use propane. There was also an old 60A fused disconnect. Opening the box, I saw that the fuses had been removed and the wires held together with electrical tape. It looked dangerous. I turned it off. The furnace fan quit and a light went out. It was dark. I was walking back to the big room when everything ceased to be like that.

I never knew why I needed to turn off all the electricity. Maybe it was the aliens. I can't say how I know about that. I just do. Aliens from another dimension tried to invade earth. The only point at which they could cross the barrier led to the interior of the power transformer that served that house. They were unable to escape into the real world because no current was flowing, so the went back home. Perhaps the events involving the old house were intended to protect us. We'll never know.

The big old house is real, although I don't own it and don't live there. I haven't lived there for over 30 years, and have no explanation for the contradictory memories. The electrical problems, including that dangerous disconnect, have been fixed by the current owner.

No cats were harmed in the writing of the above. A hamburger was.

Reply to
Jim

Dark. Very dark. Exorcism of Federal Pacific demons has been a scary topic for years. Be very careful. They may be seeking revenge.

Joe

Reply to
Joe

I've seen wiring in old houses that gave me nightmares. Especially split-up old mansions converted (badly) to apartments. Even lived in a few, in my college years.

Reply to
aemeijers