Sears auto hammer

I've been seeing a lot of tv commercials on this new power tool. Anyone here tried one, yet?
nb
In dropped this bit of wisdom:

According to those who have tried the tool it is "Too little too soon".
For a read of the reviews try www.sears.com/shc/s/p_10153_12605_00911818000P
P D Q

Suspicious. Reviews were mostly very bad or very good, very little middle ground. Makes one wonder if some reviews were bogus. Knowing what I know about Craftsman tools in the last few decades, I'm prone to believe the negatives.
nb
Battery operated at 1.86 pounds, it seems unreasonable to even hope for this to drive a 3" nail, or even a 1.5" nail. Think of the necessary "recoil"!

If it uses impacts, recoil will be very little.

Too bad they decided to make it look like a hammer instead of a palm nailer. Having your hand directly behind the point of impact would make more sense. They'll learn.
Too bad they decided to make it look like a hammer instead of a palm nailer. Having your hand directly behind the point of impact would make more sense. They'll learn.
******************************************* True, but they tout how well it gets into tight spaces. If you have to put your hand behind it, you won't fit into as many tight spaces. Leverage versus fit, a compromise.

Mebbe so, but that depends on the size of someone's mitts. I think to a large degree the design/marketing people decided that it should look like a hammer.
Bill wrote:

I can drive a railroad spike into a block of concrete with a two pound palm driver.
Well, maybe not THAT much, but there's no recoil.
I saw that on TV and thought it was a good extension of the palm nailer for decks Joists.
A warning on Li-Ion - they don't like Texas or Az heat. The battery drys out. Keep them indoors and use them as needed. Pain in the xxxx!
I have a skill wrench (in the metal shop building - dead) - same present - skill triangle driver. It works fine - sitting on my desk in the house.
Might be Skill - might be Li-Ion. Might be sub contractor to Skill.
Martin