Cloros commercials.

I know different channels and different times of day have different commercials, but have you noticed all the recent TV commercials for Clorox. Not for use in washing machines, but to kill germs, like for someone's old, frail mother (in the video), or after fishing your child's toy out of the toilet (3 versions of that, father, mother, black, white).

These don't seem to have anything to do with the coronovirus, but OTOH, they come at such a good time for the Clorox company. Just coincidence?

BTW, there is no H in Clorox, so don't expect to see any chlorine either, though sometimes it's there.

Reply to
micky

When will I learn to type? The subject should be Clorox commercials.

(I enlarged the font for the body, iirc, but there's no way to do that for header info.)

Reply to
micky

micky:

I know what you meant. Older folks like us don't have 'Millennial fingers' suitable for typing(as it were) on these stupid devices lol!

It's the old adage:

On a traditional computer, I'd spend 90% of my time typing.

On a 'smart' phone or tablet, I spend 90% of my time correcting what I typed!

SMH...

Reply to
thekmanrocks

Advertising Cloros is a waste.  The panickers are already hoarding it.  I couldn't buy the stinky stuff if I wanted to.

Reply to
panic

I expect to find sodium hypochlorite in Clorox.

There was a surprising amount of bleach available at the grocery store, but it was all that stupid scented stuff. I'll wait until plain bleach is available again.

Cindy Hamilton

Reply to
Cindy Hamilton

Cindy Hamilton:

Re: Scented

That's what most people want nowadays, or at least, made to believe they need it.

Reply to
thekmanrocks

I was counting that as chlorine. But it's not always there. I forget what is there instead. It's one particular thing, maybe another halogen, but I forget.

Corona hates the scented stuff. It clogs up its nose.

Reply to
micky

(b) Sheep are responsive to marketing.

Cindy Hamilton

Reply to
Cindy Hamilton

Are you thinking of Clorox II? It has hydrogen peroxide.

Cindy Hamilton

Reply to
Cindy Hamilton

Exactly! Why do you think we've had digital/HD TV for 11 years now? Govt and the manufacturers created a 'need' for flatter, higher-res TVs! The old system worked so well, it wasn't making the industry any money.

Reply to
thekmanrocks

Sounds like you long for the good old days, when TV was so crappy that you couldn't tell one Golden Girl from the others.

But seriously, 6MHz per analog channel is/was extremely inefficient. Good riddance.

Reply to
Jim Joyce

  By that logic we should all be watching 12" round screen B/W TV's from the 50's ...
Reply to
Terry Coombs

Terry Combs:

Re: 12" roundies

The final two decades of analog color sets(model years 1990-

2005) were among the most reliable and best picture and sound of that format. With properly adjusted settings, the picture was accurate enough for the majority of consumers.
Reply to
thekmanrocks

  Yes , but the picture of our 50" LCD is a couple of orders of magnitude better .
Reply to
Terry Coombs

I probably shouldn't say this but go to a pool store. They sell 10% (twice what is in bleach). You need to pay deposit on the jug if you don't have one.

Reply to
gfretwell

The government wanted the VHF TV band back, along with half of the UHF band. They can squeeze a lot more programming in a narrower bandwidth with digital.

Reply to
gfretwell

There were several reasons. Most mentioned already. The quality is better, more stations ( signals from the same station) for the same bandwidth, there is a 'fight' for more frequencies for different services.

When color TV sets started comming out, the US decided that they had to be compatable with the older black and white sets. So the US got the worst of the types of transmissions that were out about 80 years ago.

The digital sets have a much better picture than the older analog types. Blow up the older sets to 60 inches and at close distnces you can really see a big difference.

Reply to
Ralph Mowery

Wait - - there's something better now? Anyone have a 6AU6 tube? One of mine is getting weak I think.

Reply to
Ed Pawlowski

What brand do you want ? I think I have several of them. I am holding on to my 12xx7 tubes as they keep going up in price. The audio nuts are wild about certain brands of them.

Reply to
Ralph Mowery

Sure, they either didn't know any better or had poor vision to start with. Growing up with some B&W sets they would have looked great by comparison.

Sound was better they though as they could put a decent speaker in a big box, unlike the thin flat screens of today.

Over my 70+ years I've watched many different TVs and they just keep getting bigger and better. Living room is a 55" that was as big as could fit in the last house. Next one will be at least a 65" as it would easily fit here.

Reply to
Ed Pawlowski