Cloros commercials.

Neighbour just sold his house. He tore out the pool last fall - figured it made him almost 40 grand on the sale. Or it had been a brand new pool it would still have cost him close to 20. Folks still putting them in - but they sure limit your market. He'd likely have still got hid asking, but he wouldn't have had the multiple offers that drive the price up

Reply to
Clare Snyder

When I lived up in the frozen north I never considered a pool but I did have a spa. Down here it makes sense. Our season is at least 8 months for us and the kids get in it at Christmas. It is still warmer than Lake Michigan is in August. (70 or so). Florida people won't get in until it is 80. I will do 75 but that is about it for me. My dog doesn't care. He is in it all year long.

Reply to
gfretwell

We've got a hot tub, outdoors. We spend a ton of money heating it all year, but sitting in it watching snow fall is great.

Cindy Hamilton

Reply to
Cindy Hamilton

I would think a pool in Canada would detract from the price because of the short season. Here in DE it is a neutral item. Does not add or subtract.

I liked hotel pools in Canada as they were all inside.

Reply to
invalid unparseable

Frank:

You from Connecticut or something? lol

If all you like are indoor pools, you might have a hard time vacationing south of the Florida pan handle.

Reply to
thekmanrocks

The closest I get to that is sitting in there at 50 or so but it is the same deal. I really only heat mine when I plan to use it tho. I can switch the pool solars over to get it a head start and that helps. You can still never get much more than 15 degrees above the day time high. Since even in the dead of winter that is going to be in the 60s you are still starting at 80 or so and I get about 10 degrees an hour from the heater it isn't horrible. If I start the heater around sun down it is ready after dinner. That works out great.

Reply to
gfretwell

We keep it at 101 or so. Maybe a little warmer in the winter because as soon as we open the lid the heat starts leaving. Electric resistance heating.

Cindy Hamilton

Reply to
Cindy Hamilton

We've got some hot springs that are on public land and are not developed. The heating takes care of itself.

The latest post says they're still busy. If you visit be advised the attire can be very, very casual.

Reply to
rbowman

I thought that was the Gulf south of Apalachicola not a swimming pool.

Reply to
rbowman

101? Are you running a lobster pound?
Reply to
rbowman

Easy to say when you live in a place that doesn't really get cold. Michigan can get Greenland weather.

Reply to
gfretwell

I have an electric heater too, 11kw but I try to get as much help as I can from the sun. If I had room, I would put up an array of glazed collectors. Then you can do more like 25 or more over ambient air.

Reply to
gfretwell

That is about right for a hot tub, particularly if the ambient air is below freezing. The strange thing is how long you can walk around naked after getting out before you need to get back in.

Reply to
gfretwell

When I posted the mention of Canada pools, I was thinking early one year I went to a conference in Toronto and the hotel had an indoor pool. Then May that year I went to a course in DC in early May and would have liked to exercise in the pool but it was outside on the roof and far too cold.

I prefer outdoor pools but in my travels liked those where you could swim indoors on cold days and there were more of them the further north you went.

Reply to
invalid unparseable

I have number of regular Clorox drops to purify water written down in case Internet breaks down.

Greg

Reply to
gregz

The just sold off VHF Hi. Now I have public TV on Orginal channel 4 and people wondered why the little UHF Digital antennas won't pick it up. The Channel 13 public channel was originally going to UHF digital, then FCC said stay on real 13 for some reason. Then making millions of dollars left to the low band on 63 mHz where you need a 5 foot long antenna.

Greg

Reply to
gregz

It's a hot tub. We find the heat therapeutic.

Cindy Hamilton

Reply to
Cindy Hamilton

Depends on how windy it is.

And we've gotten to old to get out of the hot tub and roll in the snow.

Cindy Hamilton

Reply to
Cindy Hamilton

Spa thermostats are mot always accurate. You can check it against a "fever" thermometer as a sanity check.

Reply to
gfretwell

Ah, the good old days when Boy Scouts were, er, boys. Somehow I never was assaulted by a scout leader or priest. We did tend to practice social distancing from adults who seemed a little fruity. In retrospect most of those were probably straight as a ruler but just had some mannerisms that were suspect or were a little to suave.

Reply to
rbowman