Cloros commercials.

I can't remember when we didn't play the TV audio out through our stereo. Must have been 30 years ago.

Cindy Hamilton

Reply to
Cindy Hamilton

For WHAT?

Sorry, the whole digital transition is a sham to me, just like this current 'pandemic'.

Reply to
thekmanrocks

Dunno but I get 2.5 gallons for 4 bucks and change. That is 5 gallons of Clorox. Maybe you can buy store brand bleach for a buck a gallon.

Reply to
gfretwell

Same here and the CRT one I bought in the late 90s had a VGA in for a PC. My first DVD player was a drive in that PC. (a P-II with a video accelerator card). It went into the stereo and had my Replay TV connected along with a VCR.

Reply to
gfretwell

The VHF band went to various commercial radio services and UHF went to cell phones as I recall. I do know they sold it off to other uses.

Those channel numbers on DTV are just an illusion, They have little to do with the TV channels we grew up with. One of ours is channel 11 which should be in high band VHF but it is really UHF along with the others. You figure this stuff out when you buy an antenna. A VHF antenna is useless these days unless you are just picking off FM radio stations from a long ways away. I was able to get US1 from the keys with mine.

Reply to
gfretwell

gfre...@aol..com:

Actually, here in the NY Metro market, ABC-DT and CBS-DT still use VHF-Hi(7-13).

Strangely, MeTV(virtual 33.1 in my area) also uses VHF-Hi, making it a bitch to get in sometimes(2-3 days per week).

Reply to
thekmanrocks

You don't like lavender?

Reply to
rbowman

Yeah, now you can tell if the makeup artist missed a few pimples and crows feet on the Golden Girl's puss.

Reply to
rbowman

Might be able to find a Svetlana replacement.

Reply to
rbowman

Money, silly.

Reply to
rbowman

My primary use for bleach is sanitizing hummingbird feeders. I'd just as soon use plain bleach. I've still got about half a gallon left, so I can be patient. And, of course, it's not hummingbird season yet, up here. Supposed to be 23 F here tonight.

Cindy Hamilton

Reply to
Cindy Hamilton

No. Standard Clorox. Maybe what they use varies by the month, depending on what's cheaper. So when you bought yours will determine what's in it. Oreo Cookies used to go back and forth between vegetable and animal shortening, based on price aiui.

I plan to look at mine next time I'm in the basement.

Reply to
micky

You sanitize them? Don't let my hummers know or they'll be demanding better sanitary conditions. Those little calliopes get upset easily.

Reply to
rbowman

I thought they were all off of VHF by now. It must be a legacy thing. Our channel 11 went to UHF a while ago. It still says channel 11 but that is not where it is.

Reply to
gfretwell

Some of these people looked a lot better at NTSC resolution, that's for sure.

Reply to
gfretwell

And you can see that Trump forgot to run the bronzer all the way to his hairline. It's hard to unsee that.

Reply to
Jim Joyce

Yeah, that is ridiculous. We have a pool store in every strip mall and there are two on opposite sides of the road where I go. They still do OK. The guy who has the franchise for the store I go to has a $2.4 million dollar house behind me. Wanna buy it. He has it on the market. He is moving to a bigger one I hear. ;-)

gfretwell

Plenty of business in Florida for pool stores. Up here in the icebox, pools are a minus when selling the house, so not that many people have them. They're pretty much useful only between Memorial Day and Labor Day, which is a lot of money for not much return.

Cindy Hamilton

Reply to
Cindy Hamilton

We are scrupulous about getting rid of the bleach.

Cindy Hamilton

Reply to
Cindy Hamilton

I particularly remember one televised Christy Moore concert. I didn't really have to know he sweated out a couple of quarts of booze on stage. He looked like he was digging ditches instead of playing a guitar.

Reply to
rbowman