Plumeria Flowers Have Different Faces

One plumeria plant offers different "faces" depending on where and how it's grown.

Colors of plumeria flowers depend on temperature, humidity, cloud cover, sunlight and grow lights.

The first picture is of *Plumeria 'Lurline'* blooming indoors under

*plant lights* on May 3, 2011.

[image:

$2C+2011$2C+Chicago$2C+zone+5.jpg] It's very interesting how *Plumeria 'Lurline'* changed its colors when growing outside under *overcast skies* with *diffused sunlight* and

*humid conditions* as the following picture, taken on June 3, 2011, shows.

[image:

$281$29+June+3$2C+2011$2C+Chicago.jpg]

Reply to
BobWalsh

$2C+2011$2C+Chicago$2C+zone+5.jpg]>

$281$29+June+3$2C+2011$2C+Chicago.jpg]Good morning! You are talking about one of my favorite subjects!!! A friend gave me 3 "sticks" and I now have lost count of how many I have shared with friends and strangers! I even found some on the side of the road on "garbage day". I am waiting for them to bloom this year so I will know what colors I have. Until I read this page, I never knew one could grow them in the house. I do bring them in during a hard freeze after cutting them from the parent plant. I put them under the bed until spring, then plant them. If they still have leaves, I plant them into a large container. They do quite well that way and then I have many plants to add to my collection. What special needs do they have if I choose to keep some of them inside? I look forward to hearing from all of you lovers of plumarrias. God bless you all!

Reply to
Earlene

Hi Earline,

It's great to meet you.

I'm so happy you love plumerias as well. As long as your plumeria plants aren't too big and fit under plant lights, they do very well under these lights. If they get too big, you can always take cuttings.

Indoors they need good light (grow lights), good airflow and humidity and the correct fertilizer.

[image:
of Plumeria 'Celadine'

Bob

Reply to