Searching for (new) wood supplier

Well, let me help you to recall. You are NOT paraphrasing. You are either lying or are proving that you really are the complete idiot that many here believe you to be. It would really help your case if you took the time to read the drivel you had previously belched forth before rushing to insert your foot in your mouth yet again. But I suppose that would be too much of a strain for your brain cell, eh?

Art

Reply to
Wood Butcher

Literally, I did. But it was a facetious statement, not to be taken seriously.

I just LOVE all the name calling!

Thanks for sharing.

dave

Wood Butcher wrote:

Reply to
Bay Area Dave

Haven't you realized yet that you are the only one who found anything facetious in your response to Renata?

Doug Miller

yes. so.

dave

Doug Miller wrote:

Reply to
Bay Area Dave

RKON, random as ever...

dave

RK>>Well, Homer, were you in the Navy?

Reply to
Bay Area Dave

Sigh. And, I had promised myself I wouldn't respond to any posts from Homer, unless he posted in response to a post of mine first. Ah well, so it goes.

Well, Homer, were you in the Navy?

I didn't see any whining, by Renata. She stated a problem, using capitals, and punctuation; and asked for input. Instead, she gets Homer.

There is no requirement for a person making money, or even a living, woodworking, to own a truck, or even a trailer. When I was a kid, a man just up the way from us made his living woodworking, out of a one-car garage. He had no truck, he had no trailer that I know of. Yet, he made a living, and supported himself and his wife, with no probem. I knew another man, he didn't even have a vehicle.

Same thing, there's no rule some has to buy $500 worth of wood at a time. Yes, a company can make a rule like that. No, it does not mean she has to buy that much, or that anyone has to. Even if anyone did have the $500, they might not have room to store that much wood. I sell some stuff, and it would be a really major hardship on me to come up with $500 for a wood purchase. But, it's a moot point, because I don't have storage room.

I know this is a shot in the dark, but why don't you give a reply that is actually of use, once in awhile?

JOAT Life may not be the party we hoped for, but while we are here we might as well dance.

- Unknown

Life just ain't life without good music. - JOAT Web Page Update 18 Dec 2003. Some tunes I like.

RKON

No, I don't wish anyone to be a clone of me. Diversity is a wonderful thing. But just because I don't want or expect you to be like me, doesn't mean you have to be an ass.

...Mike

Reply to
Mike Alexander

Can't think of anything intelligent to say so you resort to name calling.

That's great form, Mike and shows a lot of class.

Grow up! Learn to communicate like a big boy.

dave

Mike Alexander wrote:

Reply to
Bay Area Dave

Scott, take a lesson from Silvan, PLEASE!.

dave

Silvan wrote:

Reply to
Bay Area Dave

On 19 Dec 2003, Bay Area Dave spake unto rec.woodworking:

How would killfiling you change your status as the Wreck's resident asshole?

Reply to
Scott Cramer

Come On Dave. You have never seen "The Incredible Mr. Limpet"? He had the most distinguished Naval Career.

Just Joking.

BTW. Why did you jump all over Renata's and tell her to stop whining?

Reply to
RKON

Your premise is not based on fact. Sorry.

Keep trying, though. someday you'll get it.

(Do the words "mirror" and "man" mean anything to you?)

dave

Scott Cramer wrote:

Reply to
Bay Area Dave

No! I'm vaguely aware of that name, but I don't know where the character comes from! Maybe I was watching Shindig instead! :)

seriously, what year or thereabouts was this character?

dave

RK> Come On Dave. You have never seen "The Incredible Mr. Limpet"? He had the

Reply to
Bay Area Dave

On 19 Dec 2003, Bay Area Dave spake unto rec.woodworking:

I don't see a stampede of posts arguing to the contrary. Other than your own, of course.

I have seen any number of them confirming my position, however.

Reply to
Scott Cramer

it wasn't so much of "jumping all over her" as the ensuing arguments indicate. I was being facetious about a couple of things, ALONG WITH my recommendation to get a truck, but THAT got lost in the shuffle. IF you check her later posts, she called me some choice names, and then mentioned to someone else SHE IS GONNA GET A TRUCK! I rest my case!

dave

Bay Area Dave

Why did you jump all over Renata's and tell her to stop whining?

Reply to
RKON

who would be as idiotic as YOU to push a lost cause? namely this STUPID argument. Havent' you had enough, already? How about if I tell you NOW that you can have the LAST WORD. would that satisfy your need to "win" (I use the term loosely)?

enough...this is boring now...

dave

Scott Cramer wrote:

Reply to
Bay Area Dave

Uh, that's a pretty obvious n> options?

None of your "suggestions" responded to her query. She says, "wood suppliers?" You say, "give up woodworking." See how it doesn't answer the question? Here's another example: She says, "can you suggest any sources for small quantities of wood?" And you say, "get a truck." Or, she asks "do you know of any wood suppliers near me?" and you respond, "move." One more, in case you still don't understand. She wants to know "do you know where I can buy wood for a reasonable price, perhaps online?" and you tell her "quit whining!"

Really? No, not really.

This really smacks of deliberate deception. First of all, you "suggested" four options. The first three are listed together. The fourth looks like an afterthought. Maybe now you want to claim that the last was your facetious silliness, and the first three were your "reasonable suggestions." But you really don't think it is reasonable that she should move or give up woodworking, just because she is looking for a new source of wood, do you? I think not. And if not, then what distinguishes your "get a truck" suggestion from these other two? Nothing. Look at what you posted!

How can you now claim that your "suggestion" to get a truck was "reasonable?" It is buried undistinguished within a post laden with what you yourself characterize as "facetious silliness." There is nothing to alert the reader to your sudden, temporary reasonableness, and there is no hint that you have returned from reasonableness to silliness. Don't forget, your "reasonable suggestion" is well camouflaged by the fact that it is not a logical response to her question!

Really?

How about in your previous sentence, "Can't help that." Were you being facetious then?

When you say "those types of comments" that you make so often, do you mean silliness, facetiousness, outrageousness, that sort of thing? Would you consider these to be a major part of your contribution to this forum?

Jim

Reply to
Jim Wilson

Um, where did he do that?!

Not that there's anything WRONG with it. [tm Jerry Seinfeld]

Jim

Reply to
Jim Wilson

I've been hanging around for about a year now - haven't posted anything for quite awhile though. I just have a casual observation...

Human nature is so dad-gummed fascinating. Why is it that the one person who always seems to make a fool of himself insists on continuing to make a fool of himself. I especially like the Mensa-wannabe vs. the direct, no-nonsense people.

Unfortunately, I don't fall into either catagory. I usually just sit back and watch the show when the words start flying. Although, if I get really riled up, I might respond with a "you to buddy"

Someone smarter than me once said, "The empty barrel makes the most noise." Seems somewhat appropriate here.

It's only sarcasm folks, or is it?

-J

Reply to
JR9er