New to Charleston SC, need wood/tool supplier

I just moved from Michigan, to South Carolina. Can anyone tell me where to find a good tool supplier, and a good wood supplier? I'm looking to buy a dust collection system, something like the Jet DC-1200CK. Would like a local supplier. (Tried to locate one through Jet, but their database was down!) For wood, I would like a place that sells rough sawn lumber at reasonable prices. Again, a local supplier. Mostly birch, and cherry.

Thanks for any information you can give me!

Jon Oman

Reply to
Jonathan Oman

Jon,

Woodcraft has a store west of downtown, on HWY 17, left side of the road as you drive away from downtown.

St. Andrews Shopping Center

975 Savannah Highway Charleston, SC 29407 (843) 573-8700

Bring the wife as there is a Tuesday Morning store next door.

If, after spending lots of $$$ on new toys, you need a _good_ place to treat Mama to a taste of local seafood, try Locklear's Low Country Grill. (about

3.5 miles from Woodcraft)

South on HWY 171 Folly Road towards Folly Beach, on the southeast corner of Folly RD & Harbor View Rd in a Bi Lo Foods plaza. Great food served by folks who know how to do it right.

DexAZ Apache Junction, AZ

Reply to
DexAZ

Thanks for the information, I'll check it out!

Jon

Reply to
Jonathan Oman

I buy wood from the Charleston Hardwood Center. They seem to have good prices(better than anything else I have found). I think they normally sell to contractors because they look at you a little funny when you walk in, but they let you go to the warehouse and pick out what you want. They are down by the Coliseum off of Montague Ave. I won't even try to give directions, here is their address, 4325 Lear Ave. N. Charleston, SC 28419, punch it up in mapquest. I have lived here for about 5 years total and had no clue how to get there when someone tried to explain it to me. As far as tools go, I also use the Woodcraft someone else already posted.

Rob

Reply to
Rob

There's also custom Woodcrafters in Summerville, 871-8815. He's on Hwy 178 a few blocks past 17A. Call before going there, he's been in the process of moving to a new site on Dorchester Road for a while. If you're interested in carving the Woodcraft Store hosts Lowcountry Woodcarvers the

2nd Wednesday of the m> I buy wood from the Charleston Hardwood Center. They seem to have good
Reply to
Joe Gorman