"Screw it!"

Don't get excited, that's just what's on the little sticker, along with a logo, in every box of GRK plastic decking screws. They're really nice trimhead screws with a torx-type drive. I've used about 400 of them and have yet to have to replace a bit. Anyone who has ever used #1 Phillips type trimhead screws knows that it can take several bits to get one screw home. I've been using them to install T-111 siding. The only problem is that when the top material is thicker than 1/2" or very hard, like oak, they don't work so well. There is a reverse thread at the top of the shank, I guess for holding power, that prevents the materials from being drawn together. Does any- one know of this type of screw that comes with a bare shank at the top?
snipped-for-privacy@aol.com (BUB 209) wrote in

Do you have a McFeeley's catalog yet?

Haven't even seen that one in the john at the shop.
http://www.mcfeelys.com /
BUB 209 wrote:

Which BTW, works really well in conjunction with the paper catalog. Find the part number you need in the print catalog, enter it in the search area and voila, you are taken to the part you want. Goes pretty darn quick.

BUB 209 wrote:

In the WHAT at the shop????     jo4hn