SawStop Test

Page 3 of 4
In typed:

If they changed the wording on their website to "order" instead of "pre-order," would that make a difference in your obsession?

Who threatened a lawsuit?

What personal insult? Just fact...

Meantime, all you do is take the peanut gallery-ish approach...

Zip, zero, zilch, nada...and for the slow ones...NONE!
--
Ted Harris
http://www.tedharris.com

Obsession? But sure, that would change it from being something I can't buy if I wanted to, to something I *can* buy if I wanted to. Do you see the distinction there, Ted, and how it's rather significant?

The context you switched, where someone said it was just a matter of time before someone sues Delta or whoever for not putting this on their saws.

What, that I should sign up for vaporware? I don't suppose you're still waiting for Microsoft Bob, are you? There's no point in getting on a list for something when there is no estimated date of delivery.

I call 'em as I sees 'em. Too bad you don't like that.

Just checking. You'll note I didn't imply you were.
So, when can I actually go out and buy one of these, I wonder?
In typed:

Why don't you ask Sawstop? Let me guess...
--
Ted Harris
http://www.tedharris.com

Because they haven't updated anything on the website. If that was your guess, you're right. Why don't I sign up? I don't like sales weasels, and they'll invariably call and pester once they have contact information.
typed:

You have an excuse for everything.
In typed:

It wouldn't matter if they did, would it? The reality of it is that you cannot get over this obsession. Do you have OCD?
--
Ted Harris
http://www.tedharris.com

Nice. Why discuss actual facts when you can suggest that your opponent is either on drugs or insane. You realize how weak of a tactic that is, don't you?

Again I know you probably will not see this Dave but weak tactic or not, it would explain a lot. Calling Ted your opponent explains a lot also.
In typed:

Thanks for the laugh!
--
Ted Harris
http://www.tedharris.com

Ted, if you like to argue, Dave is your man. He also prides himself as being the local net nanny. I think he has plonked me because I do not use his rules for responding to others.

Yuk it up, funny boy. And though Leon is happy to snipe at someone he knows has him firmly lodged in a killfile, the fact remains that stooping to personal insults is a sure way of admitting you have no basis in logic for your point of view.
Dave Hinz wrote:

You mean Microsoft isn't going to to relase Bob? Dammit, I've been on the waiting list for about 14 years now, and I was sure this was going to be the year.

Well, I hear Longhorn should be out some time in 2003, so that may be the next Bob.
Meanwile, I just did a Suse Linux Enterprise Server (9) install, and I'm impressed. Never tried a Suse distro before, and this is a nice one.
Dave
On Fri, 04 Feb 2005 11:27:02 -0500, Silvan wrote:

Last I heard they were waiting for Longhorn.

Good point, but why lose it's impact by posting it anonymously?

Like using Dave Hinz would in any way add impact?

Snip.
How did the blade fare?
Thanks for the review.
MORE ON MY MESSAGE
Testing the saw was not a complete waste, we did determine that the saw does indeed stop, and I sleep easier knowing it.
Brake cartridge is $60, we're not changing them 15-20 times because they need to be replaced, but because we need to use a dado set(or whatever).
We hit the x-cut fence while the blade was running or it would not have been neglect.
KG
CALA Workshop wrote:

I would like to ask two questions please and get a honest answer. The company that is selling and promoting this SAWSTOP. ! Are you a woodworking company building a product or are you an attorney with an idea? Mike

So the brake cartridge comes off when you need to put on the dado? How long does this changeover take?
Patriarch