Saw horses

Hi does anyone know of plans for a typical saw horse? I would like to build a couple but have never actually seen any plans. Cheers Colin.
Colin Jacobs (in LYK5h.19001$ snipped-for-privacy@newsfe2-gui.ntli.net) said:
| Hi does anyone know of plans for a typical saw horse? | I would like to build a couple but have never actually seen any | plans. Cheers
Not plans; but pretty close: http://www.iedu.com/DeSoto/SH_Project.html
All parts are 30" long - angles are either 90 or 80 degrees.
On Sun, 12 Nov 2006 14:17:55 -0600, Morris Dovey wrote:

http://www.diynetwork.com/DIY/mmo/DIY/sawhorse.pdf
http://www-personal.umich.edu/~mrwizard/wkshps/shpnotes/sawhorse.pdf

Can anyone else appreciate the uselessness of this "plan" to someone who would have to ask for a sawhorse plan? <G>
It's right on par with most DIY Channel productions...
No offense to the poster intended...
Oh dear! I thought perhaps you would appreciate raw beginners on this site and not put them down. I have the information I require now so I will find a more friendly group. Thanks to those who have given me some links and have been supportive. Col.

Colin Jacobs wrote:

I wasn't putting beginners down at all.
I was remembering my beginnings, and noting the difficult time a beginner would have following DIY's "plan".
Mon, Nov 13, 2006, 12:41pm (EST+5) snipped-for-privacy@yahoo.com (BARRY) doth sayeth: I wasn't putting beginners down at all. I was remembering my beginnings, and noting the difficult time a beginner would have following DIY's "plan".
Well I for one thought you'd made yourself clear, but apparently this is an exceptionally delicate little flower. Wonder how he copes out in the real world, if he's that sensitive. One can only trust he never gets on any of the other newsgroups, he'd probably die of shock. Personally I thought he was pretty snotty, expecially for someone supposedly wanting help. Probably another troll.
JOAT What's the difference between a cattle grid and a lawyer?
People slow down before they run over a catte grid.
"Colin Jacobs" wrote in message

He was putting those particular "plans" down, not you ... and rightfully so.
If you're still undecided, I'd suggest Morris' design.
Overall it incorporates some subtle concepts, based on experience, that a user would never cease to appreciate, something a "raw beginner" may not fully appreciate.
--
www.e-woodshop.net
Last update: 10/29/06

_________________________________
said:

Morris Dovey wrote:

Those are actually pretty good, but ... since they're 3 legged, be careful of heavy items on them; they will tip a lot easier than the 4 legged types. Also more difficult to move around while under load for that "touch" adjustment.
Try...
http://woodworking.about.com/od/shopequipmentsupplies/ss/woodSawhorses.htm
or
http://www.bit-grip.com/sawhorse_plans.htm
or
http://wayneofthewoods.com/sawhorseplans.html
or
http://www.linemine.com/library/planpages/TL-08.htm
regards
Barry
www.woodworking.wizkids.co.uk
Colin:
Don't know if you are familiar with Roy Underhill and his TV show Woodwright's shop, but here is a link.. http://www.pbs.org/wws/howto/images/e2101sawhorse.pdf
There are two tricks to getting Roy's sawhorse 'correct.' Roy demonstrated these in the TV show that went with this drawing, but nothing critical. I built myself a pair, good solid design. Stronger than it looks on paper.
Phil

I borrowed a book from a friend that had great instructions for a sawhorse. It was a Time Life hardcover book (part of a series) on Home Repair.
It gave step-by-step directions, and described how to use framing squares to get the precise angled mortice for the legs. Putting it together was a snap, and I've gotten very positive comments from others who has seen them.
I don't know the name of the book, but if anyone knows of a set of directions that sounds similar, I'd love to bookmark it.
And then there was the three-legged sawhorse that was discussed here as well.
I bookmarked that one:
http://www.iedu.com/DeSoto/SH_Project.html
"Bruce Barnett" wrote in message

I've posted plans for a knock-down saw horse to ABPW.
Once you decide on the design you want, cut the legs a few inches longer than you want the heigth of the horses to be. Then, turn the horse upside down, and measure & mark each leg for cutoff, using a straight-edge to carry the heigth marks to each leg. The legs can then be cut off with a handsaw. I've made several sawhorses and have always used this trick, in which the legs turn out perfect with no wobble. it's quick, too.
Colin Jacobs wrote:

A trick I was taught years ago was to start w. long legs, then place it on a flat surface, add scraps under each leg until it is stable and even. Then mark each leg the same distance over the surface (floor, table, etc).
/Par
--
Par snipped-for-privacy@hunter-gatherer.org
They both savoured the strange warm glow of being much more ignorant than