Panel Saw Plans??

hmmm... a good circular saw alone, costs more than $100. How are you gonna manage this spectacular feat?

dave

Cable Tech wrote:

Reply to
Bay Area Dave

oh, and your labor is worth ZILCH? :)

dave

Cable Tech wrote:

Reply to
Bay Area Dave

Probably is. Since he expects us to do his research for him, he apparently figures _our_ time isn't worth anything either.

Clue for the OP: search old posts in this ng on Google Groups.

Doug Miller

There was a good plan for one in Shop Notes several years ago that is probably exactly what you're looking for. Well, I'm 90% sure it was Shop Notes, but maybe it was WoodSmith. Check the Shop Notes site and you should be able to find it.

Reply to
Larry C in Auburn, WA

ShopNotes

Reply to
D.Mo

Anyone have any detailed plans to build a Panel Saw. I don't feel like shelling out over 1,000 dollars on something I could probably build for less than $100.

Reply to
Cable Tech

Rockler sells a set of plans for $3.95 and they have hardware kits also. Go to Rockler.com and type panel saw into the search window.

Reply to
Tom Kohlman

The one at Rockler with the plan and hardware kit will still cost $300. Just make one.

Platform: Build the wood frame/platform. Make sure it's square. You could eyeball the one at Rockler

or make a torsion box style platform like this one
or this one
Then bolt one something like this. Make sure it's square.
Stick a self-adhesive rule across it. Make sure it's square.
're done. The guide and the rule will be about $75. Plus the wood (dig for straight 2x4s). Probably as close to a $100 panel saw as you could possibly get.

You could hang it on a wall, make easel-type legs, or if your ceiling is not too high (like in my garage shop) put a couple of door hinges on it and hang it from the joists (use piece of rope, a pulley, and make a catch for it, mine comes down like pulling down an attic staircase).

Reply to
<getsmelove

Better yet.

Save $70 for the guide and make one out of a piece of hardboard and a piece of 1x4 MDF.

Then you will come in way under $100.

> Rule: Stick a self-adhesive rule across it. Make sure it's square. >

> You're done. The guide and the rule will be about $75. Plus the wood (dig

Reply to
<getsmelove

Thanks for you guys that helped out. As for Doug and Dave, I searched on Google under asshole and your names popped up first....lol

Reply to
Cable Tech